Books to help children deal with feeling anger and other emotions

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who has good storybooks to help children deal with anger and other emotions?
These are my favourites
"No David" by David Shannon, the wee boy is very naughty but even though Mum gets angry she still loves him
"I was so mad!" Little critters books by Mercer Mayer
"The Berenstain bears get in a Fight"
and "The Day Mum Turned into a Monster"

What are your favourite childrens books to help express emotion.
BTW we are doing quite well with the "If Your angry and you know it stomp your foot" bit Billy isnt really stomping but if I sing it to him he laughs and says what he feels angry about. His Dad tried to wake him the other night as he fell asleep to soon ( and would be up all night).
Billy woke a bit, stared in Daddy's eyes and said very firmly "If you dont let me sleep I am going to be very angry!" LOL but I think verbalising his feelings is making him much less frustrated.
April 16th, 2009, 02:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
We really aren't at the talking stage yet. I love these book ideas! The funny thing is I think *I* could use a lesson or two as well! LOL! I hope she'll have better communications skills.
April 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Ha ha I think most of us could use a lesson in anger at times. In my case it may be because anger was unaceptable for females when i was growing up, ladies didnt get angry - oh well guess i wasnt much of lady because I didnt and dont get angry often but when I do.....
its a pressure cooker going off
April 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a great book, and darn it if I don't remember the whole title...

Harold and the Terrible No Good Very Bad Day

or something like that... maybe the kid's name isn't harold... I wish I could remember!!! I also like "Hands are not for Hitting" and "Teeth are not for Biting" They are for older infants

I looked it up on Amazon and it is ALEXANDER and the terrible horrible no good very bad day

How could I remember that very long part, and not the kid's name LOL I guess it is because if I had a bad day, I'd get in the car and tell my mom I had a "terrible horrible no good very bad day." We read that book a lot...

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
LOL we have that one too, your right it a good book.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search