Maybe morbid...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2009, 07:09 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
But do you know who you would want to raise your child(ren) if anything happened to you & Dh?

Have you talked about it?

Do you have anything in writing?

I believe we are pretty settled on who. We do have a plan - we just don't have a thing in writing though - which is BAD, BAD, BAD. I also know that there could potentially be a fight over Jonah & the idea of that makes me ill, as I wouldn't want my lack of planning to strain relationships - particularly when I want ALL of those who love Jonah to remain a part of his life & custody issues have a way of ruining that. Money has been a little tight for us, so we plan to get legal papers drawn up with our tax return money (we filed late for several reasons) so I think that won't be until June or so....I don't know maybe we will get our return quicker, but I am not thinking so. But when we do we are going to set up an appointment to get this stuff in order. I am not sure why it has been on my mind lately to get it done, but I know I will feel better once it is.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 16th, 2009, 07:21 PM
KatiesGirls
Yes we know who would take our kids. We don't have it in writing yet though.
April 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had decided and now it's a little up in the air. We originally picked my sister/BIL but now Dae wants one of his sisters and her husband because they don't plan on having kids so if something did happen he thinks Lily would have more attention with them. But my thought is if they didn't plan on having kids then why would they want to raise ours? So we're figuring it out a bit. As of now Lily goes to my sister and her husband and both sides of the family are aware of that.

April 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
We have talked about this a lot actually. Especially if just I die. My first is from a previous relationship and I really don't want her going to her dad and then my children to be separated. So my DH would take on custody of my daughter and then her birth father would still maintain his visitation as if I was still around. As for if both of us die, my son will go to my mom (who is very AP now that she has been educated by me) and my daughter would go to her father. Again not an ideal situation but my daughter's father has agreed that my mom would get visitation with her so that my children could still be together somewhat.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 16th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Hard one..
I think I'd have to say my dad is the only one

Cory isn't in her life so no idea if i would let him take her, i don't like the thought ....

April 17th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Even though I don't agree with everything they do, I'd probably want my parents to raise my daughter (and any other future children) It is not in writing yet.

April 17th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
It would be my sister and her husband. But we don't have anything in writting yet.
April 17th, 2009, 05:20 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought alot on this one as we are both older and I do have some health issues.
But in our case its absolutely horrible, I really dont know who would take them.
My Mom would, but it would mean them being sent to another country, to a much lower standard of living, and she is of course a good bit older then we are. As things stand she would I cant see her being allowed to take them, she would have to move etc...
Many of DH's relatives would take them, no one would see them left out, but i cant think of any who would see it as a blessing not a burden. I think the best choice might be dh's brother although only because his wife is such a kind motherly person and her children are near grown now. Unfortunately DH doesnt see much of his brohters as they grew up seperatley and his first wife didnt like them much. I've really been wanting to find away to become more involved with them but dont know how.
April 17th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I don't know. We have friends that I trust, but I honestly just don't know. Everyone in my family is super religious and I do not want my son raised in their religion. My MIL has health problems. Maybe my SIL. She is very sweet. Hmmm. You have given me something to consider.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

April 17th, 2009, 06:09 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now DH and I agree on my dad to take the kids if something were to happen to both of us. We don't have anything in writing that is notarized, but everyone knows our wishes and I expect they will be respected.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

April 17th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were just talking about it this morning and it has been on my mind since she was born. We are going to take a class on Estate planning on Sat to help us prepare the necessary stuff for it. We have someone in mind who we want to take Emma if anything happens to both of us. We want our good friend of ours to take her. He has two little girls and he said he would be delighted to have her in their family if anything happens. We don't trust any of our family members. That is to bad, too. Cuz I would rather have her go to family, but we can't trust their standard of living. We want her to someplace where we know she will be raised by the same standards we would raise her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search