The most Beautiful Woman in the World

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2009, 04:38 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you all remeber that old folktale, about a small girl who is lost and tells the mayor of the town her mother is the beautiful woman in the world? They assemble all the lovely young women, but none is her mother, then they go for the ordinary etc... when finally after much searching an old crone rushes up, crying "my daughter" and the wee girl shouts out for her Mother. To a young child there Mother is always the most beautiful, the most important, and most wonderful woman in the world - even if they do shout I hate you now and then
I was recently speaking to someone else here, and I mentioned that I had also gone through hell to reach where I am. But I dont think I am the only one. I think perhaps more then the average number of people on this board have really suffered, perhaps that has made us more AP, but everyone has their own private hell. I'll always remeber this saying "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation".
In my case though, I dont regret what i have gone through, its taught me to appreciate where I am now. The difference between heaven and hell is truly a matter of perception, having seen the worst, what you have looks much better.
But to every woman here who doubts themselves, it doesnt matter what has gone before, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, You are the most important and most beautiful woman in the world to at least one set of eyes. Let that be enough if you can, focus on that, because your child needs you more then you need anything else.
Life may not be perfect, but everyone of us here has been blessed with the most priceless treasure anyone has ever held a child's love.

PS hope thats not too soppy, but I do honestly mean it.
April 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
KatiesGirls
It's splendidly mushy!!! That was great!!! I feel all warm and toasty!
April 18th, 2009, 08:03 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's wonderful, I will have to read it again and really take some pieces to heart.

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

April 19th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Here's a link to the whole story:
“My Mother is the Most Beautiful Woman in the World” | Cheeky & Swank
April 22nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Broxi - that really is such a touching post. Thank you. I can remember being little & looking at my mother & thinking that she truly was THE most beautiful woman ever....there was a magic to her that no one else had. I try to remember that when I look at Ds - that he too likely has those "eyes of love" and to him I am enough already. I don't have to be perfect - or even dressed...LOL

I also think it has been my own pain that has actually softened me. It has made me realize how much more important it is to be loving & kind & generous whenever possible. It is all that truly matters.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved that story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
April 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Choose joy
Quote:
Originally Posted by broxi3781 View Post
But to every woman here who doubts themselves, it doesnt matter what has gone before, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, You are the most important and most beautiful woman in the world to at least one set of eyes.
This. I love.
Honestly, Will has been such a challenge lately that I am going to try to remember this in the morning!
April 24th, 2009, 06:43 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by broxi3781 View Post
Do you all remeber that old folktale, about a small girl who is lost and tells the mayor of the town her mother is the beautiful woman in the world? They assemble all the lovely young women, but none is her mother, then they go for the ordinary etc... when finally after much searching an old crone rushes up, crying "my daughter" and the wee girl shouts out for her Mother. To a young child there Mother is always the most beautiful, the most important, and most wonderful woman in the world - even if they do shout I hate you now and then
I was recently speaking to someone else here, and I mentioned that I had also gone through hell to reach where I am. But I dont think I am the only one. I think perhaps more then the average number of people on this board have really suffered, perhaps that has made us more AP, but everyone has their own private hell. I'll always remeber this saying "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation".
In my case though, I dont regret what i have gone through, its taught me to appreciate where I am now. The difference between heaven and hell is truly a matter of perception, having seen the worst, what you have looks much better.
But to every woman here who doubts themselves, it doesnt matter what has gone before, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, You are the most important and most beautiful woman in the world to at least one set of eyes. Let that be enough if you can, focus on that, because your child needs you more then you need anything else.
Life may not be perfect, but everyone of us here has been blessed with the most priceless treasure anyone has ever held a child's love.

PS hope thats not too soppy, but I do honestly mean it.
You rock broxi!

April 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's beautiful and sometimes specially lately it is only in her eyes that i see that unconditional love and appreciation.

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

April 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hello and welcome.
Couldnt help but be a bit touched by your post. It can be a bit lonely with a new baby and takes a bit more adjustment for the rest of the family. Hope things are better for you today, and you feel encircled by love from your whole family

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search