Co-sleeping Advice Needed?!?!?!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
mommabirdof4
Howdy everyone!!

I am looking for some advice and things to try.

My son is 10 months old. He has always slept with us and he sleeps with me even for naps. He will not sleep on his own unless he is in his car seat or sometimes at the end of naptime when I wake up and leave him in our bed.

I am due with my Daughter on July 16th but will have her early since I am already contracting and thinning out at 28 weeks.

My question is I don't know how to co-sleep with two kiddos. We have a queen size bed so with 2 adults and one baby it is tight. Also my son is very tall for his age so that ads to it a little. Should I buy a co-sleeper and try to get my son to sleep in it before the new baby comes along? I won't do CIO in his crib so that isn't an option as you guys could have already guessed but the only people I know IRL just tell me to let him CIO instead of trying to give me practical solutions to the issue.

I am feeling guilty that I am having to kick my son out of the bed so soon....

What ideas would you suggest to give a try??
April 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
to attachment parenting and to Justmommies! Congratulations on your new little bean.

No CIO advice here! LOL! (That's so hard to get that type of advice constantly, isn't it?) A co-sleeper can work for sure. You can also add another mattress to your situation and introduce that to him. (Some people take a crib, remove a side and have that scooched up against the family bed.)

Some other ideas you might get could be found in our Bed sharing 101 thread (Bed Sharing 101) from our Welcome thread (♥ Welcome to Attachment Parenting!! ♥ (blinkies, info and more!)).

I'm sure some other ladies will chime in too so I hope you like it here and post often.

Cheers,

Michelle
April 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have to rush this as i am only online while Ian bf's. Can you fit a mattress on floor or futon?
If so you can put your older son to bed there and dh can lay with him if needed.
Other options, a twin bed or a mattress in his room, dh lays down with him until asleep,
co sleeper or snuggle nest and dh on couch for a bit.
April 19th, 2009, 02:23 PM
mommabirdof4
oh I forgot to add my DH works evenings so he isn't here when I go to bed at night so I am doing it solo...and on the weekends even though he is here we have different sleep schedules.
April 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 6 month old and a 4 year old that sleeps with me, also in a queen sized bed. I do it alone too cause DH travels for work so he's not home Sun-Thurs. When he is home Thurs-Sat. we all do sleep in the bed together. I put one child on each side of me.
Do you have a crib for the little one? If so maybe you can put it in your room and take the side rail off, slide it up to your bed and let him sleep in there. We've done that too (my 4 year old slept in there), it really expands the bed a lot.

ETA: I should really read the other posts so I don't repost something someone already said, oops Sorry Michelle.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

Last edited by ~Nik*Re~; April 19th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
April 19th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Why not get a cosleeper for your new itty bitty daughter? That way your son who is accustomed to his sleeping routine doesn't have to do anything different. Oh and welcome!

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
April 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stole this from another thread that I posed in a while back....

It has a link to a site that shows how to sidecar your existing crib. You may decide to put the baby in a co-sleeper & that may work...but you can use your existing crib as a cosleeper too.

Quote:
Just because I love ya I went & found the link someone gave me when we transitioned to this : How we sidecarred our crib - Home

I hope it helps!
Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...xzz0DAzADiMx&B (So, now what?? (Need advice from co-sleeping/BFing mommies please))

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Last edited by beck12; April 19th, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
April 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, you could sidecar your crib or get a cosleeper, and you could use it with either child. I have an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper and I love it. She starts then night in there and then ends up in the bed after she wakes the first time. My DH works out of state a lot, and the nights he's gone, Abby will wake up and come into the bed with me. We have a queen-sized bed and it's very doable. I don't worry about either one rolling out of the bed, because they both snuggle up to me all night.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Super Mommy
I just bumped a thread I had started a few weeks back that I found VERY helpful..I'm sorry it takes me FOREVER to figure out the whole link thing and usually intalls the use of pen and paper...Its the co-sleepers with more than 1 in the bed one.....

Good luck with everything, I hope you are able to stay healthy and strong.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search