Music class tomorrow!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know why I am still up. I am taking Jonah to music class at 9:30 tomorrow (meaning we have to get up at 7:30!) I had to make sure that the diapers were dried before I went to bed, or we'd have wet diapers and that's no good.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about this. Jonah loves music. He loves when I play cd's for him and clap and move his hands, and he loves to play with the little musical instrument set my mom got for him. This class is for infants birth-12 months, and it's in a coffee shop. I wish it were a bit later, but I think we can handle it. I'm curious to see how he likes it

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM
How was it? We've been going to music class since DD was 4 months. She enjoys it although atm she is more into cruising the room than playing games.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you both enjoyed it! I take Lily to the library 3x a week for story time and they also do music. I've been meaning to take her to a Gymboree music class since I have some free passes, but haven't done it yet.

April 20th, 2009, 11:00 AM
ugh, well we didn't go long story short. I went to bed right after posting that, only to find that the baby monitor in Jonah's room had come unplugged. I am a heavy sleeper, so I can't hear him cry without the monitor (even when he's right next to me sleeping, he's often wide awake before I realize he is stirring) So I had to go in and plug it in. By doing that, my hand touched our touch-lamp and it turned on, and of course he woke up. He did not go back to sleep!!!! The booger; always does that when we have something to do early the next morning!

He is teething fiercely again. We had a moment of reprieve when the one bottom tooth popped out and he slept for about two days, but last night the tooth next to it and the one above it started to come through. His poor little gums. Anyway, we were up at 7:30, but he was so very tired and so was I, so after he nursed for a bit he went back to sleep. We'll try again next week.

Fluga, I'm glad to hear your LO likes it. I wanted to start taking Jonah earlier, but the time conflicted with library story time (which was a lot closer and cheaper- as in free LOL)

Shelley, I really really wanted to enroll Jonah in a gymboree class! I had him enrolled when he was just a month old, then DH said we were moving and when we tried to transfer the credits we found that there aren't any around here! They refunded my money, thank goodness. It looks like a lot of fun, and I am so sad. The closest one is over an hour away and that is just too far! I also have a couple of free passes atm. It would be so good for him now, too, because he is just starting to get the hang of this mobility thing

ugh, well we didn't go long story short. I went to bed right after posting that, only to find that the baby monitor in Jonah's room had come unplugged. I am a heavy sleeper, so I can't hear him cry without the monitor (even when he's right next to me sleeping, he's often wide awake before I realize he is stirring) So I had to go in and plug it in. By doing that, my hand touched our touch-lamp and it turned on, and of course he woke up. He did not go back to sleep!!!! The booger; always does that when we have something to do early the next morning!

He is teething fiercely again. We had a moment of reprieve when the one bottom tooth popped out and he slept for about two days, but last night the tooth next to it and the one above it started to come through. His poor little gums. Anyway, we were up at 7:30, but he was so very tired and so was I, so after he nursed for a bit he went back to sleep. We'll try again next week.

Fluga, I'm glad to hear your LO likes it. I wanted to start taking Jonah earlier, but the time conflicted with library story time (which was a lot closer and cheaper- as in free LOL)

Shelley, I really really wanted to enroll Jonah in a gymboree class! I had him enrolled when he was just a month old, then DH said we were moving and when we tried to transfer the credits we found that there aren't any around here! They refunded my money, thank goodness. It looks like a lot of fun, and I am so sad. The closest one is over an hour away and that is just too far! I also have a couple of free passes atm. It would be so good for him now, too, because he is just starting to get the hang of this mobility thing

Click the blinkies!

April 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
sorry you didn't get to go this time!

April 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
It's just as well. He turned out to be not feeling well at all later in the afternoon. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday because I suspected an ear infection, and it turns out he just has a really really bad cold on top of teething. Poor guy; his nose is like a fountain! I'm glad we did't go and spread it around some more- I KNOW he got this from a little girl at library that he loves to play with. She was snotting it up, and her mom just kept saying "oh, it's just allergies..." Last time I checked, allergies didn't produce YELLOW snot LOL. Anyway, it's timed about right because a week after we played with her, he started coming down with the symptoms.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm just glad he has no ear infection!

Click the blinkies!

April 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you missed out & that he is under the weather AND teething. It seems in parenting (especially babies) you can never fully plan on anything other than having your plans changed on you! Hope he is feeling himself VERY soon & you can fill us in on how music class goes!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search