Something funny, something happy

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Anybody have a funny story to share? I love reading those.

Today DD had green peas for lunch and the floor had potatoes and fish. That just cracks me up. I havent really given her fish before and apparently she wasnt a fan. The potato she has eaten before but somehow today it was no good. It was pretty funny to watch her because every now and then a piece of fish or potato would make it's way into her mouth and then come right out. Other times it went straight for the floor and she was picking out the peas to eat.

Then I was really happy that I got her to sleep in her crib again. The whole deal took an hour but in the end she seemed quite content to have her nap there. It is so amazing to get a baby free hour (and half sometimes even!) during the day.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 20th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Super Mommy
^I love it!! You guys need a couple of dogs.

I'm super Happy to have had an awesome week with my new niece and Family AND super happy to be home.

Yesterday Morning Avery was sitting on the couch with her little legs crossed and the black labs head on her lap and she says to me.."Wow its really relaxing to be home Mom". The whole picture was just priceless.
April 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isn't it funny how they'll put something in their mouth, like maybe it's changed or something, and then spit it back out? Too cute.

Today I was taking a shower right around noon. Jonah was still awake, so I put him in his bouncey seat while I just washed my hair really quickly. Towards the end, I had just a bit of shampoo left to wash out but he started getting cranky and impatient. Well, our shower has glass sliding doors (I hate them, but not my house so I have no choice) and Jonah loves to play peek-a-boo. It's instant laughs, even when he is really worked up. So while rinsing, I was using the door to play peek-a-boo to calm him down. One of the times, I closed the door a bit and said "Where's mommy???? PEEK-AAAA-" and I slid the door back, and my husband jumped in and shouted BOO!

OMG, I thought he was at work, and it scared the bejeezus out of me!!! I screamed so loud! I thought I was home alone LOL Jonah of course thought it was hilarious. DH had come home from work for lunch to surprise us. Boy did he! LOL

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluga View Post
Anybody have a funny story to share? I love reading those.

Today DD had green peas for lunch and the floor had potatoes and fish. That just cracks me up. I havent really given her fish before and apparently she wasnt a fan. The potato she has eaten before but somehow today it was no good. It was pretty funny to watch her because every now and then a piece of fish or potato would make it's way into her mouth and then come right out. Other times it went straight for the floor and she was picking out the peas to eat.

Then I was really happy that I got her to sleep in her crib again. The whole deal took an hour but in the end she seemed quite content to have her nap there. It is so amazing to get a baby free hour (and half sometimes even!) during the day.
Of course I can completely relate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber View Post
^I love it!! You guys need a couple of dogs.

I'm super Happy to have had an awesome week with my new niece and Family AND super happy to be home.

Yesterday Morning Avery was sitting on the couch with her little legs crossed and the black labs head on her lap and she says to me.."Wow its really relaxing to be home Mom". The whole picture was just priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effervescence View Post
Isn't it funny how they'll put something in their mouth, like maybe it's changed or something, and then spit it back out? Too cute.

Today I was taking a shower right around noon. Jonah was still awake, so I put him in his bouncey seat while I just washed my hair really quickly. Towards the end, I had just a bit of shampoo left to wash out but he started getting cranky and impatient. Well, our shower has glass sliding doors (I hate them, but not my house so I have no choice) and Jonah loves to play peek-a-boo. It's instant laughs, even when he is really worked up. So while rinsing, I was using the door to play peek-a-boo to calm him down. One of the times, I closed the door a bit and said "Where's mommy???? PEEK-AAAA-" and I slid the door back, and my husband jumped in and shouted BOO!

OMG, I thought he was at work, and it scared the bejeezus out of me!!! I screamed so loud! I thought I was home alone LOL Jonah of course thought it was hilarious. DH had come home from work for lunch to surprise us. Boy did he! LOL
ROLF!!! My dh would so do the same thing!!

My funny story for today? While it's funny to me and kinda "pie" in my face. Anywho, most nursing moms of toddlers are smart and use the nursing manners when they get to be around toddler age.. Of course, like everything else, I just thought it would be a phase so I just try to mediate or read and tune out the fact my daughter is twisting, stratching and pulling the other boob as she nurses. Well, just about an hour ago, while she was going down for a nap, I get a squirt in the eye of my own breastmilk. I guess there is a first time for everything.
April 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well in keeping with Michelle's bb theme - my funy for the week is that Jonah ran up to me in teh last week & honked my boob. Of course I shouldn't have laughed, but I did & now he will try to grab them & while giggling (as I am trying to divert his hands) he will keep repeating "honk honk momma"....turkey.

And yesterday I was teasing him a little & kind of tickling him & he looked at me & said "Awww mommy, you're cute" and wrinkled his nose up at me (like I do when I tell him he's cute). It was too funny & sweet.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM
This sort of belongs in here. My little girl is getting to be so big and independant. Last night she woke up at 4am and I changed her diaper (she super soaks during the night), cleared her nose, offered a boob and then just tried to keep her still next to me. Nothing worked to get her back to sleep. I put her in her crib which is right beside our bed thinking that'd I'd let her get unhappy in there briefly so she'd figure how nice it was to snuggle next to me and sleep. Well she went wah wah wah, laid down and went to sleep. It left a very stunned me, I had been trying for 45 minutes by then.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 21st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
^^^ Impressive hehe.

Ok i got two funny's...

I woke up... to a naked baby sleeping next to me!
thinking back she was also diaperless when i kind of woke up WAY earlier too.. but i was too tired to take notice
everything was dry tho, so she must have been holding it all night because when she woke up she pee'd on the floor Lol
also... still CANNOT find that diaper ...where o where is that diaper

Other one.. when we went down for a nap, i had both boobs out and nursing laying sideways..
she kepts changing boobs and i changed position so when she went to latch onto the other boob again she tried latching on the corner of the pillow wasn't too pleased about that

April 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Veteran
My lo has just discover the nipple as more than just a food source and after eating the other day she reached up and squeezed it, she was the one who got squirted in the eye. We both cracked up and DH looked at us like we were nuts

Thanks Mary for the amazing PR Siggy

Thanks MamaLacey for the wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search