OT: I'm a bitter Calgarian right now..

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2009, 06:25 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I was reading Andrea's thread about babywearning in the summer... Yesterday we had a windchill of -16 C and we have snow on the ground.. I feel like this winter is never going to end. Dh said something about "it's so cold out that maybe the Flames will win the cup." Cheeky monkey. I have my wool socks and wool knit slippers on and my feet are still cold! ((sips on hot tea))
April 24th, 2009, 06:53 AM
KimberlyD0
YIKES!! and I thought it was bad here.. the weather here can't make up its mind if it wants to be hot or cold.. but at least we don't have snow and cold here is no less then -5

hope it warms up for you soon..
April 24th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Would you hate me if i said its 80+ here? and its only 8am?

sorry!

I hope the weather starts getting better soon
or you could just come here

April 24th, 2009, 07:06 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Here its supposed to be 25C tomorrow and 29C on Sunday!!!! WOO

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 24th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle, I don't know why but I didn't realize you were in Calgary! I almost went to grad school there, but two things stopped me- I fell in love with Daryl, and the COLD WEATHER. We still might go when our kids are older so that I can go to the university. I really fell in love with it... just... BRRR LOL

We are having really whacky weather. It is 85 F today!!! It doesn't even get that warm here in the summer, and this is still winter for us. I'd rather have cold than have hot to be honest. I was melting before 10:00am

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry. With all the nursing you do make sure you have your T***y Mitty on (as Dh likes to call it...LOL). That's what he would call it when I followed YOUR cue & cut peek through bb holes in long underwear & then I would wear a scarf & wrap it around my bbs & then a hoodie, so I could just slide the scarf down when it was time to nurse (or pop a bb out)....on the REALLY cold days that is. The rest of the time I could skip the scarf...but that is what he calles a t***y mitty...LOL Make SURE it isn't wool though. LOL I prefer fleece.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 24th, 2009, 02:16 PM
KatiesGirls
I LOVE cold weather!

I'll trade you. It's been in the high 70's here lately.
April 24th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brrr, I don't like cold weather either. Summer puts me in such a good mood. I hope you have some warmth on the way!

Expecting baby #4!

April 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the cold weather too, I'd trade you in a heartbeat, 80+F here today. My thermostat in my house said 87F, DH didn't want to turn the AC on It will be on tomorrow if gets this hot again.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

April 25th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
From one Canadian to another, I feel your pain. Although lately our weather has been pretty phenomenal but I've known my fair share of April snow storms.
We are actually Calgary bound (well, Banff, really) at the beginning of June! Oscar and I will wave as we fly/drive by
April 25th, 2009, 09:16 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I prefer the cold as well. I don't mind a few hot days but then I'm over it. It's 80+ here today too and will be through Tuesday. We're thinking of going to the beach tomorrow!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm View Post
From one Canadian to another, I feel your pain. Although lately our weather has been pretty phenomenal but I've known my fair share of April snow storms.
We are actually Calgary bound (well, Banff, really) at the beginning of June! Oscar and I will wave as we fly/drive by

Well I got all excited last night because it warmed up enough to melt all the snow.. but then today? Well, I just took a pic because I read all the replies:

Yes it's currently snowing more.
April 25th, 2009, 07:16 PM
KimberlyD0
Note to self.. do not move to Calgary..
April 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
KatiesGirls
LOL Michelle. Better luck tomorrow!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search