Educational outings

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
KatiesGirls
What are some places you take your LO's to mix fun and education? If your kiddos are still tiny, what kind of places do you want to take them to when they are older?
April 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
We have a really nice Children's museum here, that I will take both the kids to when Lincoln is a little older.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Children museum (been once)
zoo (twice)
science (once)
parks (MANY!)

that is only so far.

April 25th, 2009, 04:09 PM
KatiesGirls
We have a childrens hands on museum here too, they are wonderful! Right now our outings pretty much consist of walks around our area and to near by parks. We have been to the Zoo a few times but it's been awhile. Lately we have turned grocery shopping into a game with Julie and she has been picking up on more different kinds of foods, colors ect.
April 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The library, zoo, parks, aquarium (though they didn't like it too much), train museums (they LOVE trains). We're actually going to a train museum/park on Wednesday. I can't wait, I think they'll have a blast! We actually turn any outting into something educational--identifying shapes, colors, letters, numbers, etc. They love doing stuff like that!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We mostly spend time outside & talk about things...like birds & trees & tonight it rained so we went outside to touch the earthworms that pop up on the sidewalk & fly back into their holes when you touch them. He thought that was AWESOME! I have taken him to the zoo. The library is not a good idea as he mostly wants to empty every shelf or climb them. I want to take him to a few children's museums this summer, but they are at least an hour drive. I think EVERY outing is an education in some way for BOTH of us. Recently I learned that you cannot let Jonah walk in the garden center!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 26th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At 19 months pretty much every outing is an educational one. If I have time (and I usually do) we walk instead of using the stroller to run errands. We live in an urban area so usually daily errands (butcher, bank, groceries, etc) can be done on foot. He is much more likely to interact with the world around him when he isn't in his stroller and by interacting with the world around him he learns. It may take us an hour to do what would take me 10 minutes if he were in the stroller but it is an hour well spent and and it is a great way to blow of some of his boundless energy.
We also go to the library, museums and out to the country and stuff like that but I don't really plan "educational outings". We just do stuff we think will be fun or interesting for us.
April 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rochester doesn't have a ton to offer.... but we are very lucky to have this museum in our backyard....
Strong National Museum of Play

Once Matthew is old enough we will be going to the zoo, and Niagara Falls once he is school age. We also have some cool caverns nearby.

Other than that... I agree the most educational things tend to be the ones that don't involve money. We love to camp so I am very excited for the day when he is old enough to understand camping.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 26th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I try to make all of our everyday activities educational. We got to the zoo sometimes which Abigail is starting to really get into.

There's a children's museum I want to take the girls to when they are a little older, call Impressions 5. It mixes science and fun, I always loved it as a kid!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search