I fell while wearing Jonah

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's okay, but my shoulder is not I was stupid and wearing my crocs to walk the dog. I don't know why I had them on my feet while Jonah was in the sling. I always trip when I wear them. They kinda fall down when I pick my feet up, and make me trip.

Anyway, I was going up the stairs in these stupid shoes, to take Jonah and the dog for a walk around the block, when the shoe caught on one of the steps and I fell up the steps. I turned my body and landed on my shoulder, so that Jonah's head wouldn't hit the steps. I was so shaken after- he was so close to having his head hit the steps!!! That was thursday, and my shoulder still has this shooting pain through it I'm glad it is my shoulder though and not Jonah's head! I'm never wearing those shoes while walking with him again!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Oh no! I hope your shoulder feels better soon! Thank goodness Jonah didn't get hurt.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM
KatiesGirls
Oh my gosh!!!

It must be something in the air because I slipped while carrying Kaylee too, only we were headed downstairs and I wasn't wearing her at the time. I kind of did a number on my shoulder on the railing too because I only had my right arm free. Thankfully I just slipped down a stair or two on my butt and I was able to lean into the stair with my shoulder to get myself to stop but it was scary! About gave me a heart attack!

Try not to beat yourself up. Accidents happen!!
April 26th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I hope your shoulder feels better. I'm always afraid of falling while holding or wearing her.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 26th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad Jonah is okay! I hope your shoulder gets a lot better soon!

April 26th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksGirls View Post
Oh my gosh!!!

It must be something in the air because I slipped while carrying Kaylee too, only we were headed downstairs and I wasn't wearing her at the time. I kind of did a number on my shoulder on the railing too because I only had my right arm free. Thankfully I just slipped down a stair or two on my butt and I was able to lean into the stair with my shoulder to get myself to stop but it was scary! About gave me a heart attack!

Try not to beat yourself up. Accidents happen!!
I'm glad Kaylee is okay! It must be some kind of defensive reaction for us to put our shoulders out. If I hadn't been wearing Jonah I would have fallen a lot differently, as I've been trained to take a fall. But geeze, it's scary with a baby!!!

I almost fell down some stairs with him at Daryl's sister's wedding because I was wearing heels (I NEVER wear heels, so I can't really walk in them very well...) now Daryl carries him if I'm wearing heels because it scared me so bad. I don't know what I was thinking wearing those crocs... It's not even like they are cute shoes; I was just too lazy to put on my sneakers. Never again!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 26th, 2009, 10:36 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think my ankles are weaker after having him , or at least they were for a while...hard to say because there are shoes I just haven't worn as it worries me too...but a couple of times I seriously turned an ankle while walking on a flat floor & nearly took him out. Thankfully I think if I wear certain shoes it seems to be okay, that or maybe I am doing better. I had weak ankles as a kid & sprained them a lot, but hadn't had any trouble since then until after he was born. I was thinking maybe the relaxin loosened everything up??? I am so glad no babies are hurt in these stories, but sorry the mommas are. If your shoulder isn't better soon you should have it checked. Have you tried icing it?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

April 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really sorry you fell, but cant help being a tiny bit relieved i am not the only one. I fell down the stairs while carrying Ian a while back and it really seriously shook me. Then I almost fell this morning on a wet step packing to leave our holiday caravan.
Most of you know have lupus, as a result of the lupus and some other problems I have spells where i get extremely anemic, and also have serious problems with my joints, so sometimes I get a bit down thinking this only happens to me. Its a relief to know its happened to normal people too, whew.
Thank God Ian has never been hurt either although I basically blocked his body with the only think available to me when i fell on the stairs, I was holding him in both arms so just put my head down and more or less really headbutted the wall - well at least my head is hard enough, LOL. I am really over cautious going down stairs now and lean heavily on wall and handrail just in case.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search