I'm back & vent

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone, back from holiday, totally exhausted. Spent all week running up and down stairs for water slides, drop slides, soft play areas etc.... I do think our holidays could be tougher then basic training, I am totally knackered. Billy had a great time though, and Ian was really brilliant with all the changes and being dragged around everywhere. Daddy ended up watching him a good bit so I could take turns doing activities with Billy. I dont know why really but I do feel very guilty leaving him for awhile, although of course dh is good with him. Water slides etc... just arent something you can do while baby wearing though and of course i still need to share fun time with Billy too, so what ever one i was with, i was missing the other, is anyone else like that?
Billy looks like a victim of child abuse at the moment, he managed to flip himself around to go head first down dropside and is all marked up.
On the downside though, I witnessed a pretty horrible incident of child abuse on the boat on the way home. Everyone there's jaw just dropped and went silent, but no one did anything, me included. I didnt know what to do and still dont know if i should have gone to the captain etc... If i knew any details of this woman i would be talking to social services now, and i have never done anything like that in my life.
I just feel sick. An older boy about 6-7 was smacking his younger brother of about 2-3 about, finally the small child pushed back and the mother came running and really beat the little one. I do not mean spanking, i mean beating. I had noticed the small boy earlier because he was very tiny but his features looked more like about 3 and he seemed very frightened, i tried to talk to him and he scurried away.
People came running and grabbed their own children away etc.. others stood in shock like me, but no one helped the child, and i can not understand why she would do something like that. I feel sick thinking of the child, but I just didnt know what to do.
Sorry for venting here, but i know you will at least understand part of what i feel, i still feel guilty that i didnt do anything.
April 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
KatiesGirls
Glad you're back! I would have been devastated to witness what you did too It's weird that she would punish the younger child and not correct the older one... very strange.
April 27th, 2009, 02:15 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I'm glad you had a good time.

I can't believe that happened to that poor little boy, breaks my heart.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search