Topic of the week ideas

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The original idea for topic of the week was to run through the basic b's of attachment parenting, which we have done. I added the play one because
a) i do feel it is really important to strengthening attachments and maintaining attachments.
b) I am big child and steal anyone elses ideas thats ound fun for us to try out.

But that is done now too, so where should we go from here? I had thought of doing something like an area where psychology ties into parenting, maybe something liike the meories thread last week where we could really go into depth, or possibly different key persons in child development and their theories, like Montessori, Steiner, Piaget, etc...
Or we could do "the crunchy bits" like home education, green living etc.. We could even do two topics, a serious one and a lighter one. Or would everyone rather give up the topic of the week?

Another idea, would other people like to try starting the topic? If so we could make a list of who wants to start and rotate each week, this would really bring balance and alot of viewpoints and different ideas into play?
Of course if either of you, Sarah or Katie would prefer to start it yourselves thats fine too

What do you all think?
April 27th, 2009, 12:48 PM
KatiesGirls
I personally adore your topics and the way you write. No one can compare!!! My vote is to deff keep up with the topics of the week!

I like the new topic ideas. I would also be interested in a week of research and history of AP.

Last edited by KatiesGirls; April 27th, 2009 at 12:50 PM.
April 28th, 2009, 03:08 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have alot of material on this actually. i have Dr sears first book, before he came up with the term attachment parenting, as well as a couple of the books which inspired him. I know there are some other posters here with older parenting books too so maybe we could trace the evolution of modern attachment parenting, but as I have always said, it isnt really anything new, just a return to more natural styles of parenting.
I'll try to go through everything and get a topic started on this at the weekend. I'm still a bit exhausted at the moment, really over did things, but I made a few resolutions when I started really having roblems with the lupus, one of them was that it was not going to affect my children, so no matter how much i may struggle, they will have a fun active Mom who plays with them, not one sitting to the side saying i cant. In the long run though its helped me too as continued inactivity can make matters worse.
April 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM
KatiesGirls
I didn't know you had lupus!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search