Are you very AP with your spouse?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
KatiesGirls
I am reading a book right now called Cracking the Communication Code, that deals with issues of love and respect in a marriage. In a lot of ways I see the book as AP for marriages, in making sure that each partners needs are met in a loving and respectful manner.

I think it is all the more reason that AP just makes sense to me. Relationships, no matter what kind take mutual effort of understanding and love. It just doesn't make sense to spend so much time making sure your family/friends needs are met, and then deny your infant the same consideration when they are obviously upset and needing something. Whether it's a hug in the middle of the night or the need to be close to you when they sleep, just like figuring out your husband, they have needs too and it's up to us to figure out what they are and act accordingly!
April 29th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I've heard good things about that book. I have to admit that DH and I are undergoing the most stressful time ever in our relationship and we're doing okay, but I think we both want to do better.

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

April 29th, 2009, 08:38 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
never read that book.. but i would say that, yes.. we are very AP in our relationship with each other.. He might hate it.. but we talk through everything.. And really try to focus on what the other person needs to feel loved... and i really think its helped us grow so much in our marriage through out the years.. we really trust each other.. and we both truly adore each other and do our best to show it from time to time..

~Em

April 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good book! Have you read "The 5 Laungages of Love"? It is very similar to how your book sounds. It is about how there are 5 main "languages" of love (touch, time, gift, doing for others, word of affermation) and we each have one main core language that we do to show love and need done to us to feel love. The book focus on how to find your SO language and show them love in their way b/c if you both speak different languages nethier will feel loved or appreciated. They also have one for children but it says that most childrens love language is not set until 5yo or so.

DH and I are pretty AP with eachother. I am the oldest child and he is the baby so we have really had to work on the giving aspect (baby is a little selfish). But we do try and spend a lot of quality time together...even our bachlor/bachlorette parties were held as one party...he is my best friend and we enjoy eachother company.

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; April 29th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
April 29th, 2009, 11:29 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheyCallMeMommy* View Post
Sounds like a good book! Have you read "The 5 Laungages of Love"? It is very similar to how your book sounds. It is about how there are 5 main "languages" of love (touch, time, gift, doing for others, word of affermation)
thats the book we read... really good book.. And isnt it wonderful when your spouse is your best friend!

I really love being married... one of my friends recently split up with her husband and it has really made me appreciate the great relationship i have more than ever..

~Em

April 29th, 2009, 12:35 PM
KatiesGirls
lol yeah I have the Five love languages too it completely changed our marriage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search