I am SO mad!!!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to pick Toby up from daycare this afternoon. They keep a sheet with a record of feedings and changes and stuff, and I always check it when I come in. I saw that they had given him a 5 oz bottle at 3:55 pm. They KNOW I pick him up at 4:15 every day. I've asked them not to feed him after about 3:30 unless he's really desperate, and then just give him a 1 or 2 oz serving to tide hm over. I always nurse him as soon as I pick up.
I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but that 5 oz that he ate means that I won't have enough breast milk to get through, and I'm going to have to supplement. Since I only get about 3 oz per pumping session, it's like I've skipped a session and a half I work SO hard for that breast milk, and they just blew 5 oz that I could have fed him a mere 15 minute later. I don't bring my pump home with me each night, so I can't even pump here to compensate.

I'm just getting so frustrated with pumping anyway...my supply is dropping lower and lower, and I'm having to supplement with formula more and more...
So I know it's probably not a huge deal that they fed him extra...but every ounce of breast milk means a lot to me!

April 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
*Jack'sMommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry - that is so frustrating!! Did you ask them about it and see if he was truly that hungry that he could not wait fifteen minutes? I'm sorry you're frustrated!!

April 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
No it is a big deal, you're right ~ it DOES matter. They need to respect your wishes and you're darn tootin' it effects everything at a biological level here. I don't blame you for not wanting to use your pump when you PAY these people to respect your wishes! ARGH! I'm right beside you being mad!
April 29th, 2009, 06:36 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
It is a big deal. I would be upset too, I think of pumped BM as liquid gold. I get very upset when it doesn't go the way you intend. I would talk to the daycare and explain how important it is for them to abide by your rules and why.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 29th, 2009, 07:01 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im another one that if i had to pump id be working really hard for each oz too!

I have a friend though who has close to 200 oz of breastmilk EXTRA in her freezer.. Some people get all the luck with pumping!

~Em

April 29th, 2009, 07:37 AM
mommabirdof4
It is a big deal and I would be mad!!! I used donor milk for the 6 months of lil Jimmy's life and I handled it like liquid gold. Everyone knew not to waste it because it wasn't an easy thing to get.

Have you thought about looking into donor milk so you don't have to supplement with formula? It made all the difference in the world for my son.
April 29th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This would upset me too. I'm a working Mommy that pumps 3-4 times per day. I just make enough not to supplement. I can understand the frusteration.
April 29th, 2009, 08:02 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a pumping mama too so I feel you pain (((HUGS)))

You are right to be upset! Sadly we live in a mostly FF society and others do not understand how hard a working BF mother has to work at pumping and keeping up with the bottles when we are away.

Talk to your DS childcare center and remind them how important it is that they respect your parenting rules.

Is your DS eating solids??? Could they possibly give him puffs or cheerio's if he gets a little snacky right before you get there? This is what we have started doing with DS and it works great! I also nurse right at pick up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search