Spring is in the air...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 03:27 AM
....and it's time to start NIPping outside lol. I went to town with DD yesterday and we NIPped on the city center square (they have seating) instead of going into a shop. I found it very liberating. She was quite hungry poor thing so she lay still in my lap and ate. I was just relaxed and looking around and didnt notice anyone giving us a second look. I was quite pleased with that. People NIP in here but she is a bit bigger than what you usually see. I'm thinking that it was the fact that people here mind their own business quite a lot and that we werent drawing attention to ourselves in any way.

I bought some big girl undies for her which I found somewhat funny. I'm not sure if I'll let her wear them (I have been putting her on the potty for months but she's still also in diapers fulltime) or if I'll just use them to put over her diaper covers when it gets too hot for her to wear clothing inside (the idea of AC is an unknown here, it's only useful for 2 months a year anyway).

I must confess that I'm dreading the summer. She really doesnt like the heat. Last summer it was a matter of staying inside with her wearing only a diaper or grabbing outside to get a breath of fresh air. Now she can rip of the diaper and I'm not sure if the aforementioned undies will slow her down at all and if I take her outside she'll want to crawl (unless she decides to learn to walk first) and eat everything.

I really yapped
Do you guys have thoughts about the spring to share?

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 29th, 2009, 07:26 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love spring time and summer ( except for the bugs!) ...

We went to the beach on sat and i nursed eva on the beach and ended up with bug bites on my boobs..

BUT we went to the beach! and ive been on walks all this past week.. and its been fabulous! i LOVE being outside! I love just walking outside with out having to bundle all up.. and especially the super cute summer dressed layla and eva can now wear!!

~Em

April 29th, 2009, 08:26 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just wanted to add some pictures of what spring means to me and my family..

~Em

April 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
KatiesGirls
I am a winter gal myself!

I do think it's nice to be able to go out without having to worry about huge layers of clothes for everyone but between the bugs, heat, sweat, sunburns, and shorts I have never been much of a fan of spring/summer
April 29th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love spring the most. Emma was born last summer and it was so hot and miserable for her. I just had her in a diaper all day and when we went out I just put a onsie on her.
Spring is great not too hot not too cold just right. Another reason I like spring is b/c it is coming out of my least favorite season.
April 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
i love spring and autumn most! but its been raining alot here at the moment so its no fun
I don't NIP anymore since she hit a year and someone expressed shock at me still feeding her its really put me off.

xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
April 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksGirls View Post
I am a winter gal myself!

I do think it's nice to be able to go out without having to worry about huge layers of clothes for everyone but between the bugs, heat, sweat, sunburns, and shorts I have never been much of a fan of spring/summer
same here. Spring time is okay as long as it stays in the 60's MAYBE low 70's. Anything over that, I have my AC on and am in the house.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search