Co-Sleepers

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those that co-sleep.

How long have you been co-sleeping?
How long do you plan to co-sleep?
What is your co-sleeping set up?
Who is all sleeping in the bed?
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk?
What do your family/friends think/say about it?
April 30th, 2009, 08:33 AM
mommabirdof4
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since day one with my son so almost 11 months
How long do you plan to co-sleep? Well, since #2 will be here shortly it will be for a few more years at least
What is your co-sleeping set up? Right now it is just lil Jimmy in the middle between hubby and me...it works for us. I plan on buying a co-sleeper when money allows to use for either lil Jimmy or Josephene when she gets here.
Who is all sleeping in the bed? DH, Me and lil Jimmy for now...soon we will add Josephene to the mix.
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? nothing different
What do your family/friends think/say about it? They think we should CIO in his crib. I don't tell people unless they ask now...don't want to hear it.
April 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
KatiesGirls
How long have you been co-sleeping? 6 months with Julie, 7 months and counting with Kaylee

How long do you plan to co-sleep? Until it doesn't work for us anymore

What is your co-sleeping set up? She is in between our heads or cuddled next to me.

Who is all sleeping in the bed? DH me and Kaylee

What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? When she wakes up the first thing she wants is to be BF so I haven't had a problem with her being more mobile

What do your family/friends think/say about it? They are happy because my girls are happy. People leave us alone about our parenting for the most part.
April 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since Lily was born
How long do you plan to co-sleep? Not sure...
What is your co-sleeping set up? Lily always ends up cuddled next to me, she likes to start out between DH and my head's because she likes to pat DH's face.
Who is all sleeping in the bed? Lily, DH, and me
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? We stopped putting her in her co-sleeper because she would crawl out, so we went to bed-sharing full time (we had been doing it 3/4 of the time).
What do your family/friends think/say about it? Most say as long as we're all getting sleep then whatever, I've gotten a few negative comments though.

April 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
stupid double post

April 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since the day she was born, so 4 1/2 months. Abby didn't sleep with me much, so many people discouraged it, and I believed them

How long do you plan to co-sleep? We still let Abby come into our bed when she needs it, so probably as long as she wants to. We do start the night by putting Anna in the co-sleeper, then bring her into the bed when she wakes the first time. I plan to start putting her back in the co-sleeper at some point (probably around a year) but will always let her come into the bed with us when she needs it.

What is your co-sleeping set up? Anna sleeps either between us or on my side, sometimes in the co-sleeper next to the bed, although it's not the same. I still wish I could nurse her in there

Who is all sleeping in the bed? DH and I, sometimes Abby, but that's awefully brave, we only have a queen. Usually DH and I are falling off the bed when both girls are in it!

What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? She's only rolling now, but I've never had a problem, she snuggles right up to me. If I'm not in the bed, the co-sleeper is to one side and I put a pillow on the other side. She doesn't usually roll unless she is awake though. I'm not sure what to when she starts to crawl.

What do your family/friends think/say about it? Most of them disagree with it, my mom makes comments about how she should move into her own bed, but most don't speak strongly against it.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

April 30th, 2009, 03:15 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since first DD was born so almost 10 years now (no my oldest doesn't sleep with me anymore)

How long do you plan to co-sleep? Until she's ready to move on her own, probably another 3 years or so

What is your co-sleeping set up? Side car the crib, my4 year old sleeps in there, DH, baby, and I sleep in the bed.

Who is all sleeping in the bed? Look above

What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? Never had a problem before

What do your family/friends think/say about it? Nothing really

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

April 30th, 2009, 09:33 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
How long have you been co-sleeping? 21 months
How long do you plan to co-sleep? Until she is ready and makes that decision herself
What is your co-sleeping set up? Queen size
Who is all sleeping in the bed? Dh, dd and me
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? We put the mattress on the floor but recently we put it back up because she understands now.
What do your family/friends think/say about it? Not much because I have more to say! LOL! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...criticism.html (Handling Criticism)
April 30th, 2009, 09:55 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since Leila was born
How long do you plan to co-sleep? Unknown lol. Until she seems ready and then once the new little guy seems ready and then hopefully number 3 will be coming along so I'd say forever!
What is your co-sleeping set up? Currently we are all 3 on a queen size mattress laying sideways. Leila sleeps more on the wall side with me in the middle and Ryan on the edge. We have a crib mattress on the side for our feet lol.
Who is all sleeping in the bed? (My BF Leila's father)Ryan, Leila, and I
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? We moved the mattress off the frame and more recently to the floor.
What do your family/friends think/say about it? My family agrees completely with it since we all coslept with our mom and all of my sisters have coslept with their children to some extent. Ryan's family doesn't agree but they don't say much to me...I don't care what they say behind my back.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since she was born 3 months ago.
How long do you plan to co-sleep? Until 6 months maybe, but originally I said until 3 months.
What is your co-sleeping set up? In bed, usually between us.
Who is all sleeping in the bed? DH, me, and Josephine.
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? I'll figure that one out when I need to.
What do your family/friends think/say about it? Nothing, most of my friends started out co-sleeping as well. My mom co-slept with each of us until the next baby was born. My brother, who was her last baby, stayed in my parents' bed until he was eleven.

May 1st, 2009, 10:14 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since Oliver was between 1-2 weeks old.
How long do you plan to co-sleep? I'm not sure. Until he is ready to sleep on his own.
What is your co-sleeping set up? We sleep in a queen size bed. He sleeps in the middle of the bed next to me.
Who is all sleeping in the bed? Just Oliver & I. DH doesn't feel safe sleeping with us because he rolls around a lot.
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? I wake right up when he starts to move around. He has never tried to move away from me but I worry about when he is a little older.
What do your family/friends think/say about it? My Mom comments a lot about how he should be in his own bed. I just ignore her or tell her he is staying with me in bed for some time.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...xzz0EGvK6HMG&B (Co-Sleepers)
May 1st, 2009, 11:02 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? Since each was born, even in hospital with Ian much to midwife's displeasure.

How long do you plan to co-sleep? As long as they need too.

What is your co-sleeping set up? At the moment dh is sleeping with our 4 year old and the baby with me.

What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? Ian sleeps in the crook of my arm, but I have a mttress beside the bed ( in case Billy wants to come in) so if Ian crawls out while I am in the toilet its safe enough.

What do your family/friends think/say about it? They dont know.
May 1st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been co-sleeping? since my first DD was born, about 8 1/2 years now
How long do you plan to co-sleep? no idea, this baby is due in July and will bed share too just like the rest of the kids do/did, maybe another 3-5 years???
What is your co-sleeping set up? We have a king size bed
Who is all sleeping in the bed? Me, DH, DS 5 1/2 and DD 3 1/2
What did you do when baby started to roll/crawl/walk? not much, once they were mobile we taught them how to get down on their own (I love this!!! they are so cute, hanging on the covers and sliding down to the ground LOL)
What do your family/friends think/say about it? nobody says anything, I have no idea what they think LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search