Need to vent!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM
WilNat's Avatar Veteran
Hi I don't usually post here but I needed to vent and this seemed the right place to go to.

My So coworker just had a baby girl. She is 2 weeks early and weighs 5 pounds somthing (really tiny). She was telling my SO she was already starting to put her on a routine to get her to sleep through the night and that she had let her cio for 20 min the other night to get her to sleep. She is only 2 weeks old! I don't practice cio with my son although I do understand that some parents will feel the need to do so, but 2 weeks old is wayyyy too young in my opinion. And she has 1 year maternity leave so there is no need to get him to sleep through the night so soon. I just feel soo sorry for that poor baby.

April 30th, 2009, 10:52 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so so so so so so sad

Is this her 1st child? You may step in as a friend and let her know that while night time parenting can be difficult that a baby younger than 5 months does not have the ability to self-sooth so CIO does not work. Then give her some tips about things that helped you with your DS.

*I really hate getting unsolisity advise but this is a safty issue with a 2w old baby!

April 30th, 2009, 11:07 AM
WilNat's Avatar Veteran
I don't know her. She is one of SO coworkers so he would have to tell her. It is her first child but SO says she is a know it all and that it would not do any good to tell her. That's what's so sad about it, we know what is going on but there is not much we can do about it.

April 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby

April 30th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That poor baby

April 30th, 2009, 12:00 PM
KatiesGirls
Wow.. that makes me feel a little sick...
April 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww.. so sad! And i agree.if its her first you could inform her that she may think CIO is working.. but really her poor baby is just exhausting itself into falling asleep!

~Em

April 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww.. so sad! And i agree.if its her first you could inform her that she may think CIO is working.. but really her poor baby is just exhausting itself into falling asleep!

~Em

April 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM
kwestern's Avatar Coolest Mom Ever
Ahhhh - that poor baby is probably hungry!!!!!! Does anyone have that story that talks about CIO from the baby's perspective. That one really hits home. Maybe if she somehow read that story she'd understand better.

Thank you Kara for my siggy!
April 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
2 weeks... wow. Twenty minutes is a significant portion of that baby's entire lifetime. Sad, really sad.
April 30th, 2009, 01:01 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Unfortunately I have heard this same story from so many people. It makes me sad and furious!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so sad. Even most people who believe strongly in CIO don't advocate it for a 2 week old baby. I just want to hold and comfort that poor little baby!

April 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Breaks my heart, I would just want to pick up the poor baby and hug him.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
May 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sleeping through the night is dangerous at that age, not only is the baby physically unable to eat enough to last that long, but it increases sids risks as well. Unfortunately, one of those things you cant do anything about but its so sad.
Maybe you could buy her a second hand copy of Margot Sunderlands book.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search