Movies and television

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
KatiesGirls
This isn't exactly AP but I am curious to see everyone's views on media and what they will allow into their homes.

How much do you/will you censor your kids from in regards to moves and television? Will you allow your 10 year old to watch PG-13 or R rated movies? What age do you think is appropriate to watch PG-13? R?
May 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
We don't have a TV, (i don't understand spanish anyway!) so maica doesn't watch it. I find spanish TV to be really graphic of showing things like dead bodies on the news, sex in programs... far more than i would have ever been exposed to in england. I'm not sure if i like my daughter watching such things. I havent formed an opinion on sex yet but she doesn't need to see dead bodies anytime soon as i am uncomfortable viewing it.

but when i was a kid we were allowed to watch the film rating up from our age providing my mum was with us/had seen it before. thats pretty fair to me and i'll probably do the same.
xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
May 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not even sure, I think that's something I'll have to decide later. I think some of it may depend on the content of the movie and thier maturity level at the time.

May 1st, 2009, 09:16 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I'm having a really hard time with tv since dd was born. *I* can't watch it because it's so demeaning to people in general. I had to quit watching my 'favorite' shows because once I had a child, I couldn't stand the way people were talking to each other, how we treat each other and how accepted it is to hurt one another. I was watching part of an SVU (law and Order) episode for an internet discussion and I was bawling because it was about the death of a child around my dd's age. (How they can show that on TV for entertainment purposes is beyond what I can comprehend.) We have Treehouse on and I love that it's kind to each other without commercials. I don't know how I'm going to handle the move up to YTV because the commericals I don't like and even the shows seem mean spirited to me.

I just don't know how to navigate all of this now.
May 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
I think some of it may depend on the content of the movie and thier maturity level at the time.

Right now DH and I feel if we would not be comf. wathing the show with Kaylie in the room we just don't watch it. I don't want to take the chance of my DD waking up and walking in and seeing a shootem up sceen in a movie. That is something she does not need to be exsposed to. KWIM.

May 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
we are really lax on TV and movies. The kids watch pretty much what we do, unless it's really scary, really sexy, or has a lot of foul language. It has incited some heavy discussions with our 4 year old, but I think it helps that line of communication.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search