Sleep problems

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
lindsayb63's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone!

Lacey is 4 weeks old and having sleep issues...

At home she sleeps in a bassinet right next to the bed. We swaddle her and rock her to sleep... she wakes up twice between 9pm and 7am and goes back to sleep immediately after BFing.

On the weekends we have been going to our family cabin where were have a mini pack 'n play next to the bed. She will go to sleep in it but once she wakes up to eat, she refused to go back to sleep in it and will be up half the night.

I'm not sure if the bed is the issue or something else, but I don't know what to do! We really do not want to move her to her crib at home yet but I feel that is our only other option. (Bringing the bassinet to the cabin every weekend wouldn't work).

Anyone have any ideas for us?

I've tried to put her in the crib for naps during the day but she will have nothing to do with it and wakes up as soon as we put her down!

Lindsay

May 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Have you tried co-sleeping?
May 4th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Maybe the change to the PNP is more than she can handle. Would it be possible to have her sleep in it at home too?

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
May 5th, 2009, 12:19 AM
KimberlyD0
The PNP is probably too big for her. With a bassinet its more enclosed and brand new LO's tend to like that. You could try maybe a sleep positioner to make it fell a little more snug. Maybe using it at home for some naps too so she does get used to it.
May 5th, 2009, 06:53 AM
mommabirdof4
I was thinking maybe it was the open space. I am pretty sure that is why my son isn't ready for his crib yet...it is just way to open. He is used to being snuggled between me and DH. I think Bedsharing would be a good option if you are open to it because it would be the same at both places and anywhere else you happen to be at.

I also don't think she is having sleep problems...she is only 4 weeks...so very young!
May 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
KatiesGirls
That doesn't sound like what I would call sleeping problems either. We have to remember that pretty much all they have ever known before now was being all nice comfy and secure in our bellies! If co-sleeping isn't an option, maybe you can look in the paper or on craigslist to get a second bassinet for at the cabin so you don't have to take one back and forth?
May 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Super Mommy
You can sleep REALLY safely with a baby in between you guys in a VERY portable snugglenest. It is like her having her own space but still really cozy and safe. You can put the snugglenest into a crib too, when you are ready to transition so you don't have to worry about the baby in bed forever........the snugglenest is pretty esay to find I think Babys R Us carries them.
May 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to reccomend the snugglenest too, and then you can use it at home when you transition her to the cot. Of course that was the plan for mine and he never used either, lol
May 6th, 2009, 09:09 AM
lindsayb63's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK - I am convinced - we are testing out the Snugglenest as I type... I hear some fussing but I'm hoping she will go down...

May 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
KatiesGirls
Great choice!!! KUP on how it goes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search