Anyone else not using or planning on using timeout?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
We have given up Timeout as a discipline tool and have been implementing Time-in and just general talking and positive role modeling instead. We were only using time-out for hitting (us or the dogs) anyway and She's outgrown that anyway.

Anyone else????
What Are you doing instead of Timeout????
May 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
KatiesGirls
This is a good question. I am interested to see other techniques!!!
May 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I prefer to redirect, show her what she can do, and take away things before they become an issue. She has sat in timeout a couple of times more recently but that is because I am hormonal and loose the cool, patient temper I normally have with her. It is sooooo not her fault and I am trying to find an answer to that.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
As Ben is only 8 months old, this is subject to change, but I planned on using time-in for most situations and using time-out as sparingly as possible in order to keep its impact. I think there will inevitably be some trial and error on my part though, and in the end I will have to see what works and what doesn't.
May 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I picked up Discipline without distress by Judy Arnall. It talked about the disadvantags of time outs that spoke volumes to me. So far at 21 months we have not used time outs and I hope we won't have to.
May 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
KimberlyD0
Time-ins don't work for my children. Time outs do. I think it depends on the family and the child.
May 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber View Post
We have been implementing Time-in and just general talking and positive role modeling instead. We were only using time-out for hitting (us or the dogs) anyway and She's outgrown that anyway.
WTG!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search