Bed-sharing and sex

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry if this is TMI. Okay, we've been bedsharing with our DD since she was born over 3 months ago. It is really putting a damper on our sex life. We've managed to DTD all of three times, twice were in locations other than our bed. But it sort of takes too much planning and timing for that (we have two older kids too).

So, do you think it is okay to have sex when the baby is in bed with you (sleeping)?

May 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM
KatiesGirls
We don't.

We just have had to be more creative and opportunistic. We still have her bassinet in our room, and we will put her in that Sometimes if she falls asleep downstairs and her sister is already asleep too, we will lay her down and run up while we have the chance to have the room to ourselves
May 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
We have done it. It isn't exactly the best for mood but if they are sleeping and there is no threat to them waking up I don't see much harm.

We do try to get more creative and now that we live with his mom we tend to try to take the few minutes her nana has Leila and sneak away.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I can't though, I'm not able to stop thinking about waking him up enough to enjoy anything. His pack and play is next to our bed, most nights he starts out in there anyway before getting in bed with us. So we take advantage of that first hour or two when the mood strikes.

May 6th, 2009, 03:54 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have done it with him in the bed sleeping. We once put him in his bassinet just so we could DTD and he ended up screaming at the worst time. Sex still isn't as comfortable as it was for me, so relaxing is important and having him anywhere but in bed is stressful for me.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 6th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Super Mommy
The baby swing.And the couch....my 2 best friends during the many months A was in our bed.

Avery and I bedshare now and DH has the Momma Dadda bed so when Momma wants TDTD I just go to sleep in there and DH knows when he comes in at night what is expected of him (LOL).
May 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I second a swing! They are great for giving you some time with your DH!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
May 6th, 2009, 08:25 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoostergirl View Post
Sorry if this is TMI. Okay, we've been bedsharing with our DD since she was born over 3 months ago. It is really putting a damper on our sex life. We've managed to DTD all of three times, twice were in locations other than our bed. But it sort of takes too much planning and timing for that (we have two older kids too).

So, do you think it is okay to have sex when the baby is in bed with you (sleeping)?
Do what you feel comfortable with hon.. Can I use this thread to brag I so DTD in the kitchen last night?
May 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We haven't but for me it would just kind of kill the mood to have her right there, lol She also wakes up when we get into bed most nights, so I can't imagine we could get away with it without waking.

Don't feel bad, Anna's a month older and we've DTD only twice since she's been born, both times in the shower.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

May 6th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
We have-- I don't think there has been a time where she wasn't in her co-sleeper or on the bed! Lol- is that horrible?!

May 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We haven't. We have while she's been in the room though, just not in the bed. My parents live with us, so we can't exactly go wild in the rest of the house either. It gets interesting trying to get together to DTD sometimes!

May 7th, 2009, 12:19 AM
KatiesGirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
Do what you feel comfortable with hon.. Can I use this thread to brag I so DTD in the kitchen last night?
Brown chicken brown cow!!!!!!!
May 7th, 2009, 05:15 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually think 3 times in basically 6 weeks (because the y recommend waiting 6 weeks anyway) is actually ahead of the game that early on compared to MOST couples PP - even those that don't bed share - so don't feel too bad about that. Of course there are some that are having more sex, but at that point we hadn't even had sex yet & we weren't even bed sharing at that point - LOL. I did have extensive tearing though & lots of pain (figured out much later that I had in fact broke my tailbone - so that is probably a lot of it)...but anyway. I think you find your way. Hang in there & do what works for you. We havent' DTD with him in bed, but neither of us have felt we could truly relax, although we both have said we don't see anything wrong with it - I just think it isn't for us.

Good luck!

P.Sp WTG Michelle!

I actually think 3 times in basically 6 weeks (because the y recommend waiting 6 weeks anyway) is actually ahead of the game that early on compared to MOST couples PP - even those that don't bed share - so don't feel too bad about that. Of course there are some that are having more sex, but at that point we hadn't even had sex yet & we weren't even bed sharing at that point - LOL. I did have extensive tearing though & lots of pain (figured out much later that I had in fact broke my tailbone - so that is probably a lot of it)...but anyway. I think you find your way. Hang in there & do what works for you. We havent' DTD with him in bed, but neither of us have felt we could truly relax, although we both have said we don't see anything wrong with it - I just think it isn't for us.

Good luck!

P.Sp WTG Michelle!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 7th, 2009, 08:47 AM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
I don't think there is anything wrong with it so long as you're comfortable with the idea.

And like others said already, don't feel bad about the slow sex life (not that I consider it slow). Ben is 8 months and we haven't DTD once yet, it's still too physically painful for me Suppose I should go to the doctor really, just hate the thought of it.
May 7th, 2009, 09:03 AM
*Jack'sMommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I have been wondering how co-sleeping parents manage sex! Chris got back from Iraq two weeks ago and we have yet to do it. Not by his choice of course, I'm just too nervous with Jack right there because I know he will wake up! He does start his night in his PnP next to the bed before we go to bed. I'm just scared to have sex because I'm afraid it's going to hurt becaues it's been SO long.

Okay, I officially win the worst wife ever award. I'm lucky my husband loves me!!!

May 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We do it with him in bed with us...all the time. As long as he's asleep it doesn't really bother me. He sleeps on my side of the bed and DBF just kind of spoons me. It works! And it has to...lol. We're living with my parents for the time being so we can't get too crazy. I think that if co-sleeping interfered with our sex life too much DBF would be pushing for me to get him to sleep in his crib.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
May 11th, 2009, 06:58 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
we shuffle maica over into the sidecar. so i guess we do it all the time with her there next to us! as long as shes sleeping its fine. shes woken up once and it killed the mood completely!! but otherwise its been fine!

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
May 11th, 2009, 09:01 AM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
We've done it with him the bed when he was younger, now he is in a sidecar toddler bed so I don't worry about it....he can't sleep through anything.

May 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack'sMommy* View Post
LOL I have been wondering how co-sleeping parents manage sex! Chris got back from Iraq two weeks ago and we have yet to do it. Not by his choice of course, I'm just too nervous with Jack right there because I know he will wake up! He does start his night in his PnP next to the bed before we go to bed. I'm just scared to have sex because I'm afraid it's going to hurt becaues it's been SO long.

Okay, I officially win the worst wife ever award. I'm lucky my husband loves me!!!
It did hurt for me the first few times. We have sex on the sofa. It's easier that way. I would not be able to do it with Oliver next to me. I would be too worried about him waking up or something.
May 12th, 2009, 07:05 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've tried putting her in the crib, which is sidecarred, but neither one of us could enjoy it b/c we were too afraid of waking her up.
We still have her swing in our room so we put her in there when I get her to fall asleep.
With the other kids we just let them fall asleep in the living room and we run upstairs. DH is only home on weekends so we don't have to worry about it much.
We have taken it to the shower a few times during the day. Marienah like to sit in her high chair in the bathroom and play with her toys.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search