Rough not very AP day...vent

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I just need to vent about this to ladies who at least won't tell me to just wean Leila already...

I sincerely thought I was going to lose my mind yesterday. I felt like the worst parent ever. I have been having some pretty bad pregnancy insomnia the last several days and woke up from a bad dream after not nearly enough sleep. Everyone else was still sleeping with no need to wake up yet however I was unable to fall back asleep. Then Ryan(my BF, Leila's father) woke up and we had a little fight. The day proceeded on with Leila being super grumpy girl(probably sensing my grumpy self lol). Nothing I did was making her calm down. Eventually it was time for nap and she easily fell asleep NAK. I had decided I was going to nap with her so I took her off the boob and tried to go lay down with her...she woke up. She then proceeded to nurse for nearly 2 hours, all the while it is KILLING me to nurse her! I tried everything to get her to just curl back up and sleep with mommy. Nope. She just fussed and cried and called for her "me," her word for milk. I was losing my temper and getting angry and crying myself. She also has been pinching my breast skin a lot while nursing which kills so I had the pain from her nursing my sensitive pregnancy boobs and her pinching with both hands with nails that need to be cut! I at one point yelled out at her and took her hand and knocked it away! She started wailing even louder and that made me wail even louder because I knew I was wrong for getting mad at her. She was just tired and wanting to nurse! It isn't her fault that I am pregnant and have sensitive breasts. It broke my heart. She eventually fell asleep and we both slept for 2 hours and woke up in a little bit better of moods.

The day was just crap because I even teared up when Ryan's mom forgot to get my sauce for my chicken fingers we ordered out. I mean how lame is that!?! Sigh.

So far today has been much better except for my going to bed at around 4 am due to insomnia...if this keeps up I may loose my mind before the little guy is born!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM
KatiesGirls
Oh man

Big because I know all too well what horrible things pregnancy can do to your head!!! I'm sorry you had such a rough day! Just reading it was brutal! I would have been falling apart from the moment I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. I hope you are able to get lots of rest tonight and you don't have to experience another day like that for a long time!
May 6th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Super Mommy
Oh man Jen I'm so so sorry for you guys!!! Is she cutting some teeth too? Usually the nursing frenzy is linked.
I also had pregnancy insomnia when pregnant with Avery in the last 2 months and naps were what I lived for. I had it the first trimester this pregnancy and found that calcium/magnesium tablets just before bed have made a huge difference!!! Also Calmes Forte tablets when I awake and can't get back to sleep, you can take a few every coulpe hours or so and or Bach Resque Remedy.

It is so hard to be agreat Mom when you are over the top tired I'm hoping you are usually able to get the treasured nap!!!
May 6th, 2009, 08:32 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)

I'm not even pregnant and I have moments like that where I just feel like I can't take it hon.

I'm glad you guys were able to get some sleep. Hang in there hon.

Michelle

kellymom.com :: Are you feeling overwhelmed by your child's intense needs?
May 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Jen

I think we all have those days. We can't be patient with our children all of the time. It's hard to lose our temper with them or snap at them, especially being parents who try not to, but we are just human.

I hope tomorrow is better for you!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

May 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Jen

I think we all have those days. We can't be patient with our children all of the time. It's hard to lose our temper with them or snap at them, especially being parents who try not to, but we are just human.

I hope tomorrow is better for you!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

May 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
*Jack'sMommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not pregnant and I have been guilty of grabbing Jack's hand or swiping him away a few times when he really hurt me. He loves to grab my nose HARD while he is nursing and it hurts sooo badly it is impossible to not react and my instinct is to grab his hand because it hurts so bad. I always feel awful after I do it. I know how you feel. I am so glad you both got a good nap and woke up feeling better. Being a mommy is not always easy, and anyone who tells you it is is lying to themselves. You are doing GREAT mama!!

May 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) That does sound like a tough day. I really hope today is kinder to you. Don't beat yourself up too much...we all have bad days sometimes. Lord knows I do and I am not even pg.

Have you tried nursing laying down??? I have done with both my babies and it is a life saver b/c you and baby can both doze...safely of course.

Also talk to your OB about your pg sleep issues! My OB told me it was safe to take Tyenol PM or Unisom while I was pg...I am just not sure if it safe while BF. Check it out b/c I swear those are wonder drugs!!!

May 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been having trouble with grabbing too, He seems to think I am a cow and he can get more milk that way! So hoping someone has some great advice for you i can use too
But I know breastfeeding while pg is so hard, and I did end up weaning Billy when i got to 3 months, but he was already 3 years old.
Hope things go better today.
May 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Thank you so much for all the warm, compassionate answers...I am in tears over here! Hearing validation and understanding for a rough day rather than just unhelpful advice(all of yours is with the flow of thinking rather than the against the flow advice I have been given IRL ) is wonderful!

Both today and yesterday have been a great bit better than the other day. I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night!!!! Without even getting up to go to the bathroom!!

Thanks for the support...I will talk to the midwife about the sleep issues at my appt on Monday.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Glad the last few days have been better for you. I've been there too, in fact today wasn't such a good day around here. HUGS!
May 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
sending some love!! the pinching thing hurts maica does it alot, its hard not to push her away, its an automatic reaction when something hurts!
i hope your week gets better
xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
May 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM
KatiesGirls
I'm so glad you were able to get some good sleep!!! I hope you and your midwife can work something out for you with your pregnancy insomnia. KUP!!
May 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
I feel a bit like that whenever Ben bites me when nursing. Most times I can stop myself reacting, but if I've had a bad day or am especially sleep-deprived it's really tough to keep calm. Don't beat yourself up about it too much; none of us are perfect all the time!
May 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
christy1108's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It happens. I've been guilty of knocking Victoria's hands away because she likes to dig in my bellybutton to the point that I'm bleeding! Then she likes to pick the scabs!! It's very trying, but we are not robots and it's ok to have a bad day.

May 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila's Mom Jen View Post
Thank you so much for all the warm, compassionate answers...I am in tears over here! Hearing validation and understanding for a rough day rather than just unhelpful advice(all of yours is with the flow of thinking rather than the against the flow advice I have been given IRL ) is wonderful!

Both today and yesterday have been a great bit better than the other day. I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night!!!! Without even getting up to go to the bathroom!!

Thanks for the support...I will talk to the midwife about the sleep issues at my appt on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvetwentyone View Post
Glad the last few days have been better for you. I've been there too, in fact today wasn't such a good day around here. HUGS!
Melanie, you gave me a great pm today that lifted my spirits so I sure hope your day got better or that tomorrow is better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search