Natural childbirth on the Doctors on Monday

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
with Ricki Lake! I'm going to catch that one on the Doctors for sure!Have you guys seen the Business of being Born? (Great movie btw.)
May 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The first show they did on natural childbirth was very negative from what everyone has told me. I'm curious to see how this one turns out!

Expecting baby #4!

May 6th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love that documentary! I heard really negative stuff about the Doctors first show on natural childbirth as well, but hopefully they show it in a more positive light this time.

May 6th, 2009, 11:15 PM
KatiesGirls
Interesting! I will set it to the old DVR! Thanks!
May 7th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Please tell how it goes since I cant view that show. Wasnt the OB GYN on the doctors quoted as saying something to the effect that every single birth is just a disaster waiting to happen?

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
May 7th, 2009, 07:24 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate that show but I might have to catch it this time. I just watched The Business of Being Born last night--it was on Showtime. I'm glad I caught it in time to record it.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

May 7th, 2009, 10:10 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I loved the Business of Being Born, great movie. It made me really upset about how my first birth went, I had pitocin, epidural, "failure to progress" and then C Section. I didn't know any better at the time. Then with Lincoln I had placenta previa so I had no choice but to have C Section, and from what I read the previa could have been caused by my first Csection. I'd love to have a VBA2C next time around. I think natural child birth is the way to go.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
May 7th, 2009, 12:44 PM
noworries
I usually can't stand The Doctor's but I am going to try to catch that one. I am just imagining that they are all going to gang up on Ricki though...I can only hope that she will influence some viewers.
May 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmm.. im not sure how much i like that show.. but it will be worth watching.

~Em

May 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I'm really not a fan of the show either.. If it wasn't for Ricki Lake there is no way I would watch it. (Jenny McCarthy was on it recently and I didn't like the main Doctors AT ALL. Had Jenny McCarthy not been on that show, I wouldn't have watched it. It hurt my heart to see the promos they were doing for the next shows because it was all fear mongering about virus, bateria and such.)

I hope they are kind to Ricki Lake.
May 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
I'm really not a fan of the show either.. If it wasn't for Ricki Lake there is no way I would watch it. (Jenny McCarthy was on it recently and I didn't like the main Doctors AT ALL. Had Jenny McCarthy not been on that show, I wouldn't have watched it. It hurt my heart to see the promos they were doing for the next shows because it was all fear mongering about virus, bateria and such.)

I hope they are kind to Ricki Lake.

watched the episode with jenny mccarthy as well.. just because of the topic.. My nephew has autism so i was looking forward to it but was really greatly disappointed .... I mean i guess it handled it better than some shows have.. but still..

~Em

May 8th, 2009, 05:01 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Yeah, I don't care for the show either, I usually watch the first few minutes because its on right after People's Court.. but it annoys me to no end. I think their ignorance to anything that isn't main stream bothers me.. And I think they scare people more then really inform them..

I loved that movie as well, very well done. So I'll probably watch it unless I get too annoyed or mad & change it.

May 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM
mommabirdof4
ya I watched the vaccine show and it just made me angry in the way it was handled.

If I remember I will watch the natural child birth show.
May 8th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am with the other posters who say they don't like the show. Every time I've watched it, I've felt offended. If this is the "knowledge" that is pumped into the general public than it's no wonder why I get the reaction that I do for my parenting choices. I will make sure to DVR this episode though because I LOVE Ricki Lake and I think that she can throw anything back that they dish out. I really really liked The Business of Being Born. It was amazing and beautiful, but at the same time frustrating because I watched it just days after I had my medically managed birth (which WAS a disaster, because of the doctor!) I had been talked into it by my mother and sister who were genuinely concerned. I had ordered the movie on Netflix, but it didn't arrive until three days after Jonah was born. Our next is going to be a home water birth.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I first heard about The Doctors I was really excited about Dr.Sears being on the show. Now I feel like he's the watered down, spineless version of the REAL Dr.Sears (Dr.William Sears). He barely stood up for co-sleeping at all, and I've heard very little AP ANYTHING on that show.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
May 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlimama05 View Post
When I first heard about The Doctors I was really excited about Dr.Sears being on the show. Now I feel like he's the watered down, spineless version of the REAL Dr.Sears (Dr.William Sears). He barely stood up for co-sleeping at all, and I've heard very little AP ANYTHING on that show.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels those doctors are so arrogant. With build up like this, I wonder what we'll all say when we see the actual show! LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search