Introducing myself :)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there,

I am Katrina, mommy to Parker and wife to Bryan - I have lurked this board here and there for a while now - not sure if I should just jump in - but here I am!

I am a NOV 08 mommy, who is currently breastfeeding and cloth diapering, and trying to teach my LO sign language (which is working! He has already signed back for milk!). I guess I don't really fit the cookie cutter mold of any "type" of parenting - we are kinda go with the flow parents - always looking for ways to better our approach at being first time parents.
I kind of feel that I fit in better with the AP parents, just bc we co-sleep and don't believe in CIO - which is hard with every family member and friend IRL thinks we should. ( I don't want to CIO because I feel like if he is crying it's for a reason, and he is just a little baby so if he wants to just be snuggled or not be alone that should be ok - I don't think he is trying to trick us into doing what he wants - I don't think he understands that.)
It's a running joke in our family to ask us - "Is Parker STILL sleeping in your bed?!?" Even their kids ask us!
I don't fit the mold exactly bc I do not feed on demand, because at 3months PP I had to return to work which meant he needed some type of structure so that I could pump bottles for him and know how much milk he needed per day ect. He is on a very set routine with eating and nap times, and has been such a happy baby since we introduced a routine....(Eat,play,nap). When we get home in the evenings he does make up for his time away from mom with 2-3 nursing snacks before bed (I nurse him/rock him to sleep and put him in his crib, until he wakes up a few hours later and then he co-sleeps the rest of the night). I have become an all he can eat buffet throughout the night and into the morning with 3-5 little snacks which can get tiring, but I love to snuggle with him.

To be honest part of me is scared to delve into the AP world, bc you guys get a bad rap of raising spoiled children (not meant to offend anyone) - and part of me is REALLY ready for him to sleep thru the night especially when I wake up at 4:30 for work every day.
I also want him to grow up to be a confident and independent little boy, not one that is too much of a mommas boy to play with other kids or spend time with family members or friends.
I am extremely excited that I will get to be a SAHM very soon, so falling into a better more confident with myself type of parenting will be important as he gets older and will be with me all day. If that makes sense.

Ok well I think thats about it for now

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
May 13th, 2009, 12:45 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
welcome! i think you'll fit in just fine here!

xxx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
May 13th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, I recently made the jump from lurking to posting myself

I hear what you're saying about the AP label. For myself I kind of want it, and I kind of don't. But that aside, IMO you find some of the nicest mommies on JM here on the AP board and we're just all doing our best to do right by our kiddos and support each other in doing the same.

May 13th, 2009, 01:26 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
May 13th, 2009, 01:41 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Welcome! I know you from the Cloth Diapering board. It's good to see you here.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
May 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
KatiesGirls

I hope you love it here!
May 13th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
WELCOME!!! It's a great place and I think we all have really great kids too!!!
There are Moms here with older children too so we can get AWESOME ideas/advice when we get worried........Oh and the sleep. they do more once they get all the teeth.
May 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Hi Katrina! I am so glad you have come out of lurkdem. I hope you will love it here like I do. Parker is such a cutie!

May 14th, 2009, 06:52 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I hope you like it here. AP isnt a set of rules and most people wont meet every aspect of it with every child, you have to do what suits your own family.
I think we all understand working mothers may have to be a bit stricter on schedules, but my admiration to all of you who manage to keep breastfeeding and pump. I never could pump, I'm hopless at it, but I recognise the commitment.
I know the night waking must be hard, but he's likely to keep it up longer because thats his extra time with you, since you have to work. The baby stage goes by so quickly anyway.
And dont worry about spoiling, you cant spoil a baby, if feeding through the night, co sleeping etc was spoiling, the only unspoiled kids in the world would be those in western antions like the US and Britain.
May 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Parker is adorable
I agree with not everyone can do everything 100% with every child. We all just do what works best for our indivual families.
Kudos to you for working and BFind and pumping! I'm another one who could never pump. Just doesn't work for me.
I also think you can't spoil a baby. If that were so all my kids would be rotten little brats and they're far from it! We always get compliments when we go out about how well behaved our children are.
Hope you stick around, these gals are live savers. They're all wonderful people and mommies!

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search