A house full of toys and what do they play with?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ians favourites at the moment - emptying cabinets and drawers and toilet paper.
Billys has the best time ever playing with cut grass, we had a fight with, heaped it up in piles threw it about etc... Und=fortunately he also loves rocks and bottles and threw some rocks the other day hitting dh's friends car (lucky it was just the tire). So he tells dh
"If you dont tell Mommy I hit your friends car with rock, she wont find out aboiut it, and Mommy really doesnt need to know" LOL I guess he is growing up
They also love boxes of course and the basic throw a sheet over something and make a tent.

Anyone else have any good ideas for fun with every day stuff?
July 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean! Jonah has SOOO many toys, it's ridiculous. But, he would rather play with cups, the TV remote, and his all time biggest obsession- DOORS. If he sees a door of any kind, a cabinet door, door to the room, etc. He goes straight for it and opens it, shuts it, opens it, shuts it. He has gone for nearly an hour just opening and shutting the door. He doesn't get anything out of the cabinet, he could care less about what's inside. He has pinched his fingers once, but it wasn't a big deal. I try to let him play with the french double doors, so I can open one of them and let him play with the other.... that way there is no possibility of him smashing his finger. But it's impossible to keep him away from doors if he sees one. I just sit right by him and watch him closely. He really seems to be interested in the mechanics of it

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
July 13th, 2009, 11:21 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
one of evas faves... Plastic bottles.. We recycle our plastics and she looooves emptying the thing out

This is her getting ready to have a ball pulling them all out..

~Em

July 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Super Mommy
Em that is super cute!!

We like to make things out of recycleables. We have a duct taped robot Mom, Dad, and kid made out of:a small box for a head (like pop-tart size) a cracker box body, toilet paper roll arms,plastic bottle legs. We dress them in paper bag pieces, and change and color them and they are very "Playable" because duct tape keeps them together very well.

Water is huge for us. We use our baby tub on the kitchen floor with lots of plastic containers, squeezers,sponges,pots and pans,spoons. I put a towel under it and use the towel to wash the floor afterwards.

oh we've created a magic rock garden in a garden corner with our rocks and rocks that we find at places that we visit.We use little plastic figures in this garden too, its super fun.
July 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Em, have you ever considered making shaker bottles from the recyclables that Eva loves so much? Jonah absolutely loves his. I just take water bottles, milk jugs etc and put things like noodles or drinking straws that I cut up, or beans, and then I hot glue the lid on. You can fill them with so many different things, so you can keep making it fresh and different to keep her interest.

I just thought I'd share that since she is so interested in bottles!!!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
July 14th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I think I may make the shaker bottels too, Billy loved them when he was little.
Water is always great fun, as is dirt or sand.
Kimber how about a picture of your robots for our activity section?
Cheers
July 14th, 2009, 07:45 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good idea ! ill do that!

~Em

July 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Great thread ladies!
July 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately Emma favorite thing to play with is an old computer keyboard! We gave it to her to play with because if you hold her while on the computer she always wants to pound on the keyboard so we gave her one of her own.

July 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has few basic toys, a lot of books and a few stuffed animals. Nothing complicated or with too many lights and/or music. She loves to read the books with me (even though she doesn't get it yet) and the most impressive of all is when we were at a toy store. She touched nothing and seemed interested in nothing but when we came across the book section she almost jumped out of the ringsling!....hehehe....she ADORES to play with the remote, the telephone, the pillows the sheets, a few utensils from the kitchen, plastic cups and large containers which she bangs, her spoons, leafs, trees and flowers. She also has a favorite blanket and her tweety whom is always at her bed. And she loves tearing apart papers, any kind of paper. I think that's about it. As for music i sing to her children's songs from my country and also in English (she takes in 2 languages), and also i have her hear what i hear which is classical music and hard rock... Honestly i have spend next to nothing for toys, and i am glad she had the whole world as a toy kwim ??

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

Last edited by Ellemphriem; July 16th, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
July 16th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jude likes to take two toilet paper tubes, and make binoculars. Or paper towel tubes make good telescopes, lol. Empty boxes of various sizes entertain him for hours too.

July 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Super Mommy
Broxi...I would love to, but I can't currently post attachments??? I really need to figure out why, I'm computer delayed and need Dh to help me...

Oh yeah yogurt containers were a HUGE hit with dd when she was little
July 17th, 2009, 05:14 AM
LOL I cant either had to email sara the pic for the group signature

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search