Your poor little guy

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2009, 02:43 PM
~Valerie~
is hungry, that's why he's not sttn ( he's 4 months old )
you're still bf!???
those 2 are from my mom

When can he start CIO?
from dh

I hate comments like that and i don't like the fact that me and DH have opposite parenting styles as well.
July 16th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
first...BIG HUGS!!! Opposite parenting styles are really rough ones, I have seen the Dhs really turn around though as the baby grows and he sees the work you are doing really shine through in a confident and well behaved child.
second..Your Mom, Ignore her or inform her (the breastfeeding forums have tons of info)
third..your baby is GORGEOUS!!!!!
July 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
HUGS Valerie. That sucks. It's rough listening to comments like that.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 16th, 2009, 06:55 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I am so sorry about those comments. They are very hard to deal with especially when they are coming from your mom and dh I hope that they will start to understand your choices and support you in them.

We are here for you!!!

July 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs mama
July 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *.Sarah.* View Post
I am so sorry about those comments. They are very hard to deal with especially when they are coming from your mom and dh I hope that they will start to understand your choices and support you in them.

We are here for you!!!

July 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I am so sorry. It is hard enough to challenge the world/nation's ideal of what is right for your child but when direct family members do as well it can be a struggle. HUGS!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 17th, 2009, 05:02 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry its hard when the ones you would expect support from give you that.
You might try educating your Mom as mentioned, or you might just ignore it, maybe if she knew how much breastmilk protects infants she might change her mind. I had something here a while a back that estimated mortality rates for ff babies. I think I'd show her something like that and ask her if she felt the risk was worth it?
As to DH get some good material on CIO, like the science of parenting and tell him you are happy to discuss the matter, after he knows the facts. My dh asked about it a bit as he thought it worked brilliantly for his friends child. Until we were over one day and after 2 years of CIO the child still screamed hysterically for several hours. Husbands just seem to want an easy way, but the way i see it the time I spent with Billy giving his much love and attention as possible as a baby has really paid off now in the way he is so good with his brother, kind loving and very independent, even if he is a bit of wild child
I am really glad I didnt break that bond with him as a baby. Now he is older the bond is still just as strong, although he has his own independence now, and I really treasure our relationship.
July 17th, 2009, 05:08 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
PS if he is anyhting like my dh he'll never read the book, but then you ahve the perfect reason not to discuss the issue.
DH and I have ahd our differences in all of this, but he has also told me that he loves me more for the way I have taken care of his children, and especially as Billy is getting older I think he sees what a diference it has made. He was also really worried about Billy adjusting to Ian, especially with all teh negative comments we got, but then when Ian came and he was able to see Billy give him teh same kind of loving consideration he ahs always been shown, i think he realises our parenting style definately helped there. I know we will still get sibling rivalry at some point, its natural, but at the moment its so nice to see the way they get on together.
July 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM
~Valerie~
Thanks ladies
As far as my mom goes, I just ignore her comments, but i hate the way she says it as though she is right and i'm wrong
DH and i will need to have a little talk about it and then again, I don't know what he's complaining about, he doesn't do night feedings so..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search