Joey UPDATE 1:30 EST 7/17

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Just got off the phone with Traci.

Joey hasn't had any nasty side effects so far other than his counts are taking a hit. (Though we knew that was coming.) His next treatment at 5.

While in the hospital, they will be requesting pulmonology, physical therapy, and feeding to pay a visit. He has a visit with a Pulmonologists on Friday anyway. Feeding and physical therapy are being requesting because he is behind in both areas.

On the phone, I asked about the length of his stay. He will be in the hospital for 5 days (as long as his counts are not too low). Once released, he will be out for 21 days, before going back in for another round of treatment. He will have 4-6 cycles of this. In two months, if Joey is not showing improvement they will add the second drug and there will be 4-6 cycles of that. Traci did say that she's never heard of a relapse after that drug.

Also, she did say that they have been blessed by an anonymous donor who has paid several weeks of their rent.

I think that is everything...CaringBridge was updated this morning with some other details of the visit (none involving his health).

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I'm glad Joey is doing alright right now. Poor babe. I will continue to pray for him.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Super Mommy
What a little trooper this baby is!! My heart goes out to this entire family.
July 18th, 2009, 07:05 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad things are going as well as could be expected. Hope he is home soon,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search