A bit of a vent

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So since we went to the Autism festival in April I have been wanting to take Jay to the chriropractor. The kids are on medical assistance so I looked for which ones they cover. They need a referal to go the chripractor. I found one that where my late BIl went to and they are really good. So I called and set up a appt for both boys to be seen then called my family dr. to get a referall so the insurance payed. From the minute I called they were giving me a hard time. The reciopnist said that the nurse said that the boys insurance does not cover chiropractors. I said no thats not true because I talked to the someone from the insurance and they do and plus there are chriropractors covered in the book that I went through. So I talked to the nurse and she asked me why I wanted to take them. I told her and she was telling me that our dr said that he does not think its a good idea to take them and he does not agree with it basically. So no referal. I kind of had a feeling that maybe they were going to give me a hard time since it seems like most family docs do not believe in them. I was wondering what is there problem with it. Is it because they do not know enough about it or they afraid its going to work and my kid is not going to be sick as much so that means they will be at the doctors less so that less money for the office? Do not get me wrong I love are family doctor he is great with the kids. Jay is getting sick so much and I think part of it has to do with his asthma. I have read that seing a chripractor can help with asthma. I am starting to get more into looking in natural medicine. I have seen how using a neti pot for my sinuses helps a heck of alot more then using OTC drugs that have some nasty side effects.

I called the chripractor to cancel because we can not pay out of pocket. She called me back and said the first visit is free because they will see if they can help the kids. She said they will try to work with us to get the insurance to pay since the doctor will not give a referal.
July 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's nice the chiropractor is willing to work with you. Good luck!

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

July 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
I know where I live, the chiropractors that do take the medical assistance will call and set up the referral for you ( I used to work for one). I also believe that it goes beyond a nurses scope of practice to deny a referral, I'd make an appointment with the Dr. and insist on being listened to.
And good for you for being so proactive with your sons!!!!
July 18th, 2009, 07:42 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I agree with Kimber! If it doesn't work with the chiropractor setting things up then insist the dr see you to hear you out. It seems ridiculous for the nurse to deny you.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 18th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going to see what happens monday and see if they can help my boys. If they can not get a referal set up then I am going to have to talk to the doctor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search