Time Out Story - Funny

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As most of you know, I dont really do traditional time outs. They escalate things with Billy, so I find it better if I just time myself out and leave the room in most cases.
DH however occasionally makes Billy go out into the hall for time out, which he did yesterday. Usually Billy melts down but this time we didnt hear a sound. Two minutes later I said to bring him in as his dinner was on the table. DH asked Billy if he was going to be good now and Billy walks in, gives him a look and says "Oh I am going to be good boy now, but I think someone peed in your shoes". DH started shouting how he had better not have etc......
Billy sits down and calmly eats his dinner make a show of how much he is enjoying each bite and looking dh straight in the eye, then brushes the crumbs from his hands, gives dh another long look and walks out the door.
Sure enough DH shoes were completely filled with pee, Dh's look was priceless as was Billy's. The worst was as I was trying to tell Billy how naughty that was I was choking back laughter myself. I have to say he definately has nerve, but as funny as it was, I think we may be in for it in another 10 years!
July 19th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Veteran
Too funny! Confirms my idea that punishment leaves kids looking for revenge lol I wish all kids were like Billy he's a ham!

We have a child like Billy, from the sounds of it, what works for us to suggest he take a break, he gets to pick the place. If he doesn't pick a place we suggest a place. As soon as we suggest a place, he picks his own place (of course a different place then the one we suggested) lol but he takes the break and then lets us know when he feels better. He's free to come out before he feels better, but he never does.

Pee in the shoes... lol... I'll remember that one. Reminds me one time when I was growing up I put chemicals in my moms shampoo for spanking me.
July 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
July 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard! LOL I can totally picture this in my head.

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
July 19th, 2009, 06:01 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Oh no. That is too funny. I so could picture my son saying something like that......

What did your DH do?

July 20th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Nothing really. He shouted a bit and carried on, but Billy says he is always shouting "No video games for a week" No Motorbike" or "I'm going to take all your cars (hot wheels away)" So Billy told me with a shrug, " I just dont listen to him anymore".
I've had a talk with DH about this, Billy is stubborn and headstrong but he'll usually cooperate if you ask him to do something nicely . DH has been going on and off the fags and getting irratable, so he cant really blame the child for getting fed up. Hopefully he'll take it to heart, if not I will start barking out orders to him for a day or two to see how he likes it and if that doesnt work, who knows what he'll be finding in his shoes or underwear next time! He does take these things seriously because I can be quite creative. I was thinking maybe tiny fishing hooks?
Although I really dont think I'll have too, I think he has realised he is provoking Billy a bit and is being very nice at the moment and promising to take him fishing and or motorbike riding when we good a day.
I cant get over how much his speech and reasoning has changed now though. He has been really good as long as you explain the reasons behind anything, although he is getting pretty good at presenting a logical argument back.
Its like talking to a teenager or even an adult sometimes, he just doesnt sound like a 4 year old anymore. I mentioned below his reasoning to his dad about throwing rocks "If you dont tell Mom she wont find out and Mom really doesnt need to know about this". LOL My baby is growing up quickly.
July 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Veteran
Sounds like Billy really is growing up; that is so sweet. I am glad your husband sees this isn't helping. That's awesome he is quitting smoking. I know that is hard for some people (maybe most), and that does explain why he has been a bit on edge. Good luck!
July 20th, 2009, 12:49 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
Yikes! I hope I don't have all that to look forward to... I can't afford new shoes!
July 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM
LOL they were trainers i washed them-- the pee smell came out but the stinky foot smell didnt, in fact the pee may have been an improvement. DH never wears socks with trainers and he really should.
July 20th, 2009, 02:17 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
LOL!
July 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Super Mommy
Holy cow!!! He's only 4?

It does sound like DH is provoking him,but man his reasonong skills are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY older than 4 IMO.
July 21st, 2009, 05:32 AM
Well his first sentence at 22 months was a bold face lie: "I didnt throw it, it fell"
All this time i thought he might grow up to be mechanic the way he likes motors tools etc... maybe I am raising a future politician, LOL.
July 21st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lmao

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search