So upset!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
My gallbladder might not be working so on Thursday I 'm having a scan done to see if it is. After that I cannot breast fed for 48 hours and Isabelle is EBF. She's 7 months. She barely takes a bottle for me. I never wanted her to have a bottle just sippie cups. She already uses sippie cups but not well. So I'm trying to pump and I can't get enough breast milk out. I ran out of fenergreek. She's going to be really fussy if she can't bf. poor baby. I have to have this done, I've been putting it off and it can get painful.

July 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry. I would be really stressed over that as well. Hope everything is ok and hope you can get lots of support for the next couple of days.
July 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I may be clueless but I am not getting why you can't nurse after having the scan??? What am I missing? Is there any other way they can determine if that is the issue? I know I had a simple cat scan done when I had gallstones...it wasn't a big issue at all. Maybe ask them for some other alternatives and see if you can keep things going. To stop nursing cold turkey for 2 days is going to be miserable for both you and her.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

July 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry you have gallstones - I had those when I was 17 and it was miserable. Mine were diagnosed with an ultrasound scan, which I can't imagine would prevent breastfeeding. However when I was diagnosed I had a blockage, which is possibly easier to see on an ultrasound. I'm not 100% sure if you could see the stones in the gallbladder, but I seem to recall that they could. It may depend on how severe it is.

I agree with the previous post. See if you can push them for an alternative way to diagnose. It may be that they are just using the cheapest and simplest option available to them and assuming that you'll just be able to express for two days.

In fact I ought to follow that advice too! My GP recently prescribed me hormone replacement treatment for a medical issue I went to her about, even though she knew I was still breastfeeding. Every time I go to see her she blames breastfeeding for whatever I'm there for and tells me to stop . My point is, that doctors will sometimes try to pressure you into options which are less suitable for you, but easier/cheaper/more convenient for them.
July 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
They're going to give me something that contracts my gall bladder so they can see whether or not it's working. owie!

July 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
Ah so not stones? Sorry I sort of leapt to a false conclusion when I read gallbladder! I hope it all goes OK.
July 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM
KatiesGirls
Any updates on how things are going? Were you able to get some fenugreek?? How did the test go? How is Isabelle doing?
July 24th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I had it done yesterday. I wasn't able to BF her after 24 hours. I waited about 28 hours. She did okay. She took apple juice in a bottle. Formula in cereal. I'm so exhaused she didn't sleep well! She's BFing again. I don't know my results of the scan yet.... That's was awful not being able to BF my baby.

Last edited by Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy; July 24th, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
July 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
That's terrible about the whole situation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search