Done being worn?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sad, Anna doesn't seem to like being worn anymore For the past week, after being in the mei tai for only about 10 minutes, she starts squirming, crying and pushing up against me. The minute I take her out, she's happy. She's done it while we're out shopping a few times now, and when I take her out and put her in the cart, she is as happy as can be. I'm not, I like having my baby up against me, so nice and secure!

Do you think maybe she's just getting sick of the view and wants to be worn facing out now?

Expecting baby #4!

July 20th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry

My LO nearly ripped a hook off the wall trying to get the carrier down today. I thought he was done with it, but he saw it and wanted it My little girl seemed done for a while but oaccasionally still asks to be worn and she will be 3 soon.
July 20th, 2009, 07:38 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I found that dd just wanted to be held instead of worn.. It broke my heart too.
July 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It could just be a phase too - maybe also she is too hot in the summer pressed up against you. I know that now that Grant is walking he often wants to get down and just walk around, but other times he still LOVES to be worn. I would keep trying but not push it. Maybe this is a "babywearing strike" like a nursing strike and can be worked through.

July 21st, 2009, 06:37 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Billy never was much for babywearing and prefered just being carried.
Ian usually loves it and starts jumping up and down when he sees the carrier, but lately he prefers the seat int eh shopping cart sometimes, its just a different view and all the things to look at in the big store I think, but then he'll want back to the carrier if we take too long.
You might try a back carry or different position, if not just go for the 10 minutes and then try cart or whatever.
Ian is also just wanting down on the ground all the time now but he cant get down to crawl about the grocery store!
July 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM
cln1812's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I found that dd just wanted to be held instead of worn.. It broke my heart too.

DD would not be worn once she was beyond 3 months old or so. Of course, I do live in a hot, humid environment, so that may have contributed. Oh, but she loves me to hold her instead. Of course, it's harder to get things done that way and harder on me physically.

My Ovulation Chart
July 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Super Mommy
Hip carry!!!! Can you do that in a mei tie? Also maybe just strap her on your back when you are busy in the kitchen and just want her close.
My dd went through the shortestv phase EVER of not wanting to be carried,since getting preggo I have switched back to side carry/back carry in the sling.
July 22nd, 2009, 05:32 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Yes, try facing out. Isabelle loves facing out. If she faces me she wants to nurse.

July 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Toby prefers the hip carry in the Mei Tai now. I haven't tried the back carry, but it might be good too. He doesn't like the front carry much anymore because he wants to see what's going on

July 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't tried the hip carry in the mei tai, but I did in the sling and she didn't like it. I've only tried to do a back carry once, and wasn't successful, but I'll have to try again. Being mobile might have something to do with it too, she started crawling just a little bit last week and it turned into an all-out crawl a few days ago. I haven't been wearing her around the house as much the past 6-8 weeks because she is so much happier being on the floor playing. I wonder if she kind of, got out of the habit

Expecting baby #4!

July 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I don't know about the baby wearing but your new siggie is killer cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search