A recent topic made me think of THIS topic. :)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 10:40 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BREASTFEEDING! and YOU..

Ok.. i know we've talked about the craziest place that WE'VE breastfed..

but lets talk about the COOLEST breastfeeding story that we've SEEN..

For example.. Heres mine.

We have a local carnival.. small, down home... crab cakes and kiddies rides, and TONS of teenyboppers (12-14 year olds) running around like crazy..

i saw a woman walking around with a sling on.. and someone else carrying her baby.. about 4-5 months old. A little while later i saw her again with some people that i knew, So i was talking to them, and i then noticed that she had her baby in the sling, breastfeeding.. right there in the middle of everything.. no cover, not even the tail of the sling thrown over. standing and talking with us all. i was SO amazed that if Eva had been hungry at the time i probably would have had the balls to whip it out and nurse her right there too! (which i normally do with a cover) This woman was from columbia.. it made me wonder if every other country except for america is that comfortable with breast feeding!?

~Em

July 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was watching 18 Kids and Counting last night on TLC (the show about the Duggar family) and the mom was nursing their youngest while on a float in a parade! That was pretty cool. She has a "my breast friend" around her waist and a cover on and was waving to the croawd with her free hand

July 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I havent tried a sling but I breastfeed DD wherever in the mei tai. We did it at a medieval fair last month, have done it in a shopping mall too. I found it funnier though when I was just standing and holding her in the cradle position latched on waiting for the bus

In that medieval fair there was one lady dressed accordingly with a baby maybe 2-3 months and breastfeeding, I thought it was quite appropriate lol.

ETA, I'm in Finland and people do NIP in here. I have noticed it plenty of times but only once seen that the mother was using some cover.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Last edited by Fluga; July 22nd, 2009 at 12:33 PM.
July 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
forest's Avatar Cara, Mom to two girls
Send a message via Yahoo to forest
I was on a field trip at work with a group of around 20 people. It was for a meadow restoration project and there were quite a few older men there. (mostly the old school timer guys) We were standing in a circle talking and one of the biologists was standing in the back BFing her infant son. The guy talking says something like --- "Oh, and this is J's project, why don't you come up and talk about it now!" She just went with it, everyone turned to her and she gave the presentation all while feeding her little guy! I was very impressed!

Thank you Natalie (MrsStuartD) for my Beautiful Siggy!!!

~Cara, Mom to Elizabeth (12/5/07) and Alison (8/12/10)~~
July 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
The best NIP I've seen was in one of our malls here, the biggest and busiest one a mother was sitting right in the middle of where 4 main arteries met in a chair nursing her toddler. I was floored and so proud of her. She wasn't using a cover or anything just sitting there nursing. I was like WOO!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 23rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Super Mommy
Great topic. I love public nursers!!

My dd would never eat if I used a cover of any kind, People NEED to see us nursing whenever and whereever we chose IMO.
July 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
KatiesGirls
Great topic and awesome stories!! I know I have some of my own but my memory is TERRIBLE and I can't for the life of me remember anything right now! Keep them coming though, they warm my heart!!!
July 24th, 2009, 04:15 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
never seen NIP

HOWEVER, on Sunday, i nursed my DD (no cover) at a fancy sushi buffet near us. i was quite proud of myself i have NIP before, but this was the one time with TONS of people around.

July 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
HOWEVER, on Sunday, i nursed my DD (no cover) at a fancy sushi buffet near us. i was quite proud of myself i have NIP before, but this was the one time with TONS of people around.

Great stories ladies!!! I recently breastfed at the Calgary Stampede Parade..

July 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats awesome about the woman who gave the presentation while BFing! good for her! and good for the guy who didnt even hesitate to say "here she IS" instead of "i guess we"ll wait"

and i have yet to ever see anybody BFing a baby who looks like they are over 6 months old in public.. I do it all the time. and plan to until shes weaned.. but ive never seen it. ive seen NIP but its always a younger baby. So go mommies who BFed their older babys! (and toddlers!)

~Em

July 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM
pam111's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to pam111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kixs*~ View Post
I was watching 18 Kids and Counting last night on TLC (the show about the Duggar family) and the mom was nursing their youngest while on a float in a parade! That was pretty cool. She has a "my breast friend" around her waist and a cover on and was waving to the croawd with her free hand
she also did that while she was speaking at an elementary school, which I thought was really neat
July 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Michelle Duggar sounds like a great spokesperson for breastfeeding!
July 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I rarely see NIP here and it's always with a newborn and a cover - but I am proud of myself
Another Justmommy came here from NY to visit and she breastfed her son while we were at the aquarium w/o a cover and I was inspired I guess after always fumbling with one for my son who now hates them.

A few weeks later we went to the zoo and I sat on a bench right in the middle of a main area and fed Parker without a cover - he was sooo happy about it and so was I, it was over 90 degrees and a cover would have just been too hot so I bit the bullet and it was so much easier. Well this lady came up and sat down right next to me on this tiny bench and then had her two kids...maybe grandkids(it was hard to tell for sure) come up and sit in her lap....so I was a little worried about what might happen or what she'd say.....the little girls asked what I was doing in spanish and she told them I was feeding the baby milk and they (maybe 4 & 6) said YUCK! LOL DH was very caught off guard when he came back and saw me nursing without a cover but oh well......

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
July 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneLady View Post
I rarely see NIP here and it's always with a newborn and a cover - but I am proud of myself
Another Justmommy came here from NY to visit and she breastfed her son while we were at the aquarium w/o a cover and I was inspired I guess after always fumbling with one for my son who now hates them.

A few weeks later we went to the zoo and I sat on a bench right in the middle of a main area and fed Parker without a cover - he was sooo happy about it and so was I, it was over 90 degrees and a cover would have just been too hot so I bit the bullet and it was so much easier. Well this lady came up and sat down right next to me on this tiny bench and then had her two kids...maybe grandkids(it was hard to tell for sure) come up and sit in her lap....so I was a little worried about what might happen or what she'd say.....the little girls asked what I was doing in spanish and she told them I was feeding the baby milk and they (maybe 4 & 6) said YUCK! LOL DH was very caught off guard when he came back and saw me nursing without a cover but oh well......

I was just nursing at the zoo today!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search