What awesome new thing is your kid doing???

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Super Mommy
Just curious. PLus I love bragging, and think everyone should do it!!
July 28th, 2009, 07:09 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Apparently Samantha has the whole introduce-yourself-to-a-stranger deal down pat. She uses both her arms and does the introductions, mama, baby, daddy and boo-boos.
July 28th, 2009, 07:13 PM
christy1108's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Victoria has added 'please' and 'thank you' to her signing

July 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Grant started walking 2 weeks ago and is already really steady! He's actually RUNNING now and when he falls down (which is often haha) he can stand himself up without holding onto anything. Heck, *I* can't even do that!

He also really started to get into the solids thing and has decided that my chicken salad is the second best thing ever (first thing is my milk, haha) and will gobble it down! I was beginning to really freak out that my *(#&$#( pediatrician who yelled at me for delaying solids until 6 months because "it would get him addicted to the boob" (too late, lady!) was right because he had not been much into solids at all. He seems much more into them now though - chicken salad is his favorite but he has eaten steak and shrimp as well (meat was a particular challenge - he would just spit it back out if he even took it into his mouth in the first place!). Now to get him to eat more veggies!

Oh and the third thing (it's been a milestone packed 2 weeks here) is that he is really starting to come around to his grandparents. This has been particularly hard for me... even as a baby, Grant has NOT wanted to be held by anyone by myself or his father. Even before the whole "stranger anxiety" thing was supposed to set in, he just did not want to be with anyone but us, even his grandparents (he sees them once a week, sometimes twice a week). Anyway, being AP and into child led stuff in general, we have always REFUSED to force the issue (and I got into a big fight with my sister about it, who thinks we are "purposely" keeping him away from family when we will always let them try to hold him, but if he cries we take him back) but he is finally coming around on his own terms. He actually ran to my mom to greet her the last time he saw her! Yay! I hope he just gets better and better because it has just been SO difficult. I can't stand the thought of having him cry for me but at the same time I have everyone making me feel like a selfish lunatic for not letting him "cry it out" with them so that he "gets used to it." I hope he keeps making strides and maybe sometime soonish we will feel comfortable leaving him with his grandparents. I think that a big part of this is because he is so mobile now and he feels the freedom to go where he wants to when he wants to, and he can just leave and find me or hubby when he wants to if that makes sense. Maybe when he starts talking he will feel even MORE comfortable.

Sorry to ramble but it's been a big 2 weeks!

July 29th, 2009, 08:33 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HTML Code:
He also really started to get into the solids thing and has decided that my chicken salad is the second best thing ever (first thing is my milk, haha) and will gobble it down!  I was beginning to really freak out that my *(#&$#( pediatrician who yelled at me for delaying solids until 6 months because "it would get him addicted to the boob" (too late, lady!) was right because he had not been much into solids at all.  He seems much more into them now though
Eva has been slow to adapt to solids as well.. ( a boob baby all the way to 6 months) im still waiting to find something (besides the lil graduates mild cheddar munchies ) that she really likes

as for wht my girls are doing lately.. eva.. is throwing lots of steps into her cruising.. and can take up to 3 steps to me.

Layla is going to vacation bible school this week (never done anything like that b4) ..and im starting to think it might not have been a great idea! last night she got home as asked matt for something to eat...he didnt say yes or no.. she came to me and asked for food.. i gave her some string cheese, She went into the living room and said "Tricked you daddy!" and proceeded to put her hands on her hips and turn around and shake her booty at him! (and kinda funny!) Shes never ever done anything like that! i KNOW she got it from some snotty kid at bible school (probably her cousin)

~Em

July 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ian is in a completely lazy stage. He is quite capable of holding a cup or ice cream, but now brings them to us and hands it to us saying "here" and expects someone to hold it for him!He isnt walking yet unless he is holding something and quite frankly doesnt seem the least bit interested in it but he jumps if he is on something soft. He can climb anything though.
Billy is finally putting on a bit of weight again and doing much better. His current mission in life is to wind up his father, which he is quite good at, and he is starting to pick out a few more familiar words in the titles of books and things.
Oh and Ian turns one on Saturday, doesnt seem like a whole year already.
July 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
Ben is recognising a few more words. If you say "monkey" to him, he looks up at a card with a monkey face on him that his nan sent him. If you say "Stitch" to him, he looks around for our cat. If you say "window", he looks over to the window. If you say "birdie" he crawls over to the little bird that hangs down on his jungle playmat and if you say "fire engine" he crawls over to find his little red fire engine toy and gives it a push.

But if you say "daddy" or "mummy" to him, he stares at you blankly lol

I think he is also starting to try and say "quack" whenever you show him a duck (like the rubber duck in his bath), although it sounds more like "kah". If he manages to pronounce it more clearly, that'll be his first word (random) as he still says "mum-mum" or "dad-dad" indiscriminately.
July 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Parker has mastered (well a slobbery one word jumbled up version) of "Get it" and "I got it" - so now EVERYTHING gets dropped or thrown so he can say "getit" and then when we give to him or he finds it he says "Igotit!" It's soooooooo cute!

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
July 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily is starting to talk a lot! Her latest is "I love you" but it sounds like "I loe you" and then she gives you a hug/kiss.

She's going to be 1 next week, I can't believe it! Every day she is more and more like a toddler and I wonder where my baby went.

She also is really starting to mimic stuff and follow directions. When I say "let's do your hair" she will go get her brush and try to brush her hair. She'll also try to put her shoes on and stuff like that.

July 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Super Mommy
My almost 3 year old is sleeping through the night.................mostly............well some nights I go cover her when she wakes up.................some nights she gets up at 4ish and wants me in her bed, but its becoming really the exception. I swear the no nap thing is the best thing that has ever happened around here!!

Isn't bragging awesome?

Reading all the baby and toddler milestones makes me so excited!! I love love love toddlers! They are like little sponges!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search