We know Ian can walk now.......

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2009, 04:59 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
But he wont unless you have chocolate! I told you he was a lazy one, LOL.
He took one step to me to reach a chocolate bar, then dh got him to take a few steps after it but i made him just give it to him. I didnt think it was fair to frustrate the child. I think I worried dh with my story about my grandfather ( the one Ian is named for). My Mother was telling me he didnt walk for ages and they just trailed him around everywhere in a big bucket with a rope ( this was depression era USA). He was a fat baby too, and great grandma would keep asking him to walk and he would say " Noooo I'll fall". Well DH was saying ian is never going to want to walk either, but sure my grandfather did eventually, as they all do so I' not worried about it
July 30th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
Little Ian is a man after my own heart!! Chocolate makes sooooo many things easier, he's obviously highly intelligent!!!
July 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber View Post
Little Ian is a man after my own heart!! Chocolate makes sooooo many things easier, he's obviously highly intelligent!!!

hahahah.. i agree! highly intelligent!

~Em

July 31st, 2009, 02:00 AM
KatiesGirls
lol I completely agree too! Congrats on havng another walker on your hands Broxi

And on a side not... a bucket with a rope!? That is really sad and really helps drive home how bad it was...
July 31st, 2009, 08:12 AM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL the bucket and the rope bit isnt as bad as it sounds. Ordinary people didnt have prams then, and I dont know how much use they'd have been on dirt roads, or out in a field. Of course he would have been carried more when little, but no one is sure now quite how old he was when he started to walk, well past 2 anyway, and they were thinking something was wrong with him. He did well enough anyway, and while he might have preferred to be lazy if it was an option, he certainly wasnt when hard work was needed. He loved his food like Ian does too, I remember stories of him licking all the onions so his siblings wouldnt get any, and when sent at 4 to fetch help for his mother who had accidentally sewn through her finger with an oldfashioned sewing machine and become trapped, he sat down to a plate of pancakes before remembering his errand after polishing them off.
I dont think Ian will really walk for awhile yet, unless we did tie a chocolate to a stick, to lead him about, but he will when he wants too. He does sort of walk pushing things, as he trails toy garages or anything else he can climb on about to make steps to climb up and grab anything we have tried to put out of reach. DH is in more of a hurry for him to walk, but I really dont care very much. it would be nicer if we are out because you could put him down without him crawling through dirty stuff, but sure his brother never fails to end up in any muck or dirt still. I think my children have an allergy to clean. But I do find it hillarious that he can actually walk, but wont unless he is getting something he wants - he definately knows what he wants already

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search