Its time for a check in! Lurkers too please!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
How is everything going?

How old are your LO/LO's?

Are you co-sleeping

Are you BFing?

Is your LO doing anything new?

Are you ready for fall?

Any big plans coming up?

Any questions, concerns or comments?

August 2nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everything going? Everything is going pretty good here!

How old are your LO/LO's? Mona just turned 2 in July.

Are you co-sleeping? Oh yeah. I LOVE it!

Are you BFing? No

Is your LO doing anything new? She's starting to talk more; I'm really excited! Plus she is helpful and funny.

Are you ready for fall? Yes, I can't wait for the weather to turn cooler.

Any big plans coming up? "Speech therapy" starts tomorrow.

I need to dig out the gentle discipline books and read some more. Time out doesn't work very well!

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

August 3rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
How is everything going? overall really well
10 weeks!
Are you co-sleeping
yes, we have a snuggle nest and in the early AM, i feed her sidelying and snooze for a couple hours with her. we do have a cosleeper but have not used it yet, we like her in the middle of us.
Are you BFing?
yes!
everything is new right now! lol. she is really smiling up a storm lately and makes a lot of new noises.
Are you ready for fall?
yes
Any big plans coming up?
not really, we are camping next weekend, not really looking forward to it with an infant, LOL. But i want DH to be happy
not yet.

August 3rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
How is everything going? Going good! Just been super busy these last weeks before school starts.

How old are your LO/LO's? They're all doing great.

Are you co-sleeping? Our 2 year old still climbs in to bed with us every night.

Are you BFing? No Gavin weaned a few weeks ago at 14.5 months. This pregnancy dried up my milk.

Is your LO doing anything new? Yeah he's headbutting me lol. Sure wish he'd unlearn that one.

Are you ready for fall? Not at all, that means winter is right around the corner.

Any big plans coming up? Not really, just going to my 2nd midwife appt today.

Any questions, concerns or comments? Not that I can think of at the moment, but then again I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 3rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
How is everything going? fine! so far so good on the pregnancy, and gearing up for the start of the new homeschooling year

How old are your LO/LO's? 8, 6, 2, and #4 due 12.25

Are you co-sleeping? not currently although Coral frequents our bed throughout the night, and likes to cuddle with me in the morning

Are you BFing? not at the moment, although I bf'ed my kids for 15 months, 19 months, and 26 months, and the new baby certainly will be

Is your LO doing anything new? Coral is just enjoying doing everything her siblings do

Are you ready for fall? ha! I wish, we don't really have fall here in FL and it doesn't get cold until Feb/March

Any big plans coming up? just the start of our lessons in 2 weeks, and then of course baby due in December! I have my 4-D ultrasound tomorrow with my OB so that should be fun

Any questions, concerns or comments? nice to pop in

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w4d
August 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everything going?fantastic! we are enjoying summer so much!

How old are your LO/LO's? 3, and 9 months

Are you co-sleeping? no.. sometimes in the morning. but mostly it just doesnt work for us

Are you BFing? yes

Is your LO doing anything new? Layla is being SO funny lately.. and eva is walking! well.. taking about 2-6 steps at a time..

Are you ready for fall? heck no.. i love summer..

Any big plans coming up? next weekend we are going on a 3 hour drive to go to one of my child hood friends house for her DD 3 year old bday party. and staying there for the weekend

Any questions, concerns or comments? That i love enjoying life all around! and i love my kids!

~Em

August 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
KimberlyD0
How is everything going? Its going as well as it can. Our soon to be 4 year old has an attitute to match any teen out there, and our 14 month old is falling ferther and ferther behind in front of my eyes and there is a lot of stress at the moment.

How old are your LO/LO's? 4 and 14 months

Are you co-sleeping No. Kids are only allowed in our bed if they have a bad dream or are sick. Otherwise they sleep in their own beds.

Are you BFing? Yes. 15 months come Aug 14th

Is your LO doing anything new? Not really. She's stalled since 10 months. She's developmentally fally ferther behind. We're quiet concerned.

Are you ready for fall? No because DD#1 starts school and It means winter is coming.

Any big plans coming up? Wonderland trip for DH myself and some really good friends of ours. Last trip without the girls. Nana is keeping them for the weekend. We won 4 free adult tickets thats why we're going.

Any questions, concerns or comments? Not for here, but in general I am really getting tired of fighting constantly to get help for DD#2. I feel like its an uphill battle all the time to get people to take me seriously.
August 3rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
How is everything going? Great

How old are your LO/LO's? Alissa is almost 3 and a half, Isabelle almost 8 months.

Are you co-sleeping yes, half of the night.

Are you BFing? Yes,

Is your LO doing anything new? Trying so hard to crawl and teething. One new tooth. Alissa is talking better and using the potty.

Are you ready for fall? sure am! Tired of this 90 degree weather.

Any big plans coming up? Not really.

Any questions, concerns or comments? No, just hope I can have time to post more on the AP board.

August 3rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
christy1108's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everything going? not bad!

How old are your LO/LO's? 21 + months

Are you co-sleeping yep

Are you BFing? yep

Is your LO doing anything new? she has started singing lol

Are you ready for fall? yes! Victoria will be 2 in October and I'm really looking forward to her party

Any big plans coming up? see above lol

Any questions, concerns or comments? I don't post a lot, but I read everything!

August 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everything going? great

How old are your LO/LO's? almost 3 weeks

Are you co-sleeping yes

Are you BFing? yes

Is your LO doing anything new? no lol

Are you ready for fall? no, we barely had summer

Any big plans coming up? no

Any questions, concerns or comments? no

August 3rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Linz L-I's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Carolina girl relocated to the Philly 'burbs (for now)
How is everything going? Everything is wonderful! Being a mother is more amazing than I ever could have imagined and Colette is more adorable and perfect than I ever would have let myself imagine!

How old are your LO/LO's? 1 month

Are you co-sleeping? Yes

Are you BFing? Yes! About 24 hours a day! lol

Is your LO doing anything new? She's much more alert during the day and 2 days ago she smiled for the first time (at Daddy making fish faces).

Are you ready for fall? While I hate to see summer go, I'm anxious for cooler weather so Colette and I can get outside more. I feel like she's too small to be out in 90+ degrees for long.

Any big plans coming up? The end of this month we are taking her on a beach trip to visit my brother. Granted, she won't care about the beach, but I'm excited for a getaway!

Any questions, concerns or comments? I just posted one in another thread!

August 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
How is everything going?
Pretty well, although Ben did have an allergic reaction to something he had for lunch a few days ago. We had to drive him to A&E but fortunately it wasn't serious and some anti-histimine sorted him out. I've a few more grey hairs

Almost 11 months.

Are you co-sleeping
Yes, although I recently moved Ben into his nursery at night now, on a mattress on the floor. When he wakes up I go there and co-sleep with him until morning. So we're 50% co-sleeping.

Are you BFing?
Yes.

Climbing is his new thing: on top of his toy box, onto the sofa, wherever he can reach. He also likes to hold on to the sides of his cot and bounce up and down.

Are you ready for fall?
Yes, and Ben's first birthday

Any big plans coming up?
See above. His grandparents are coming to stay (both of them!) for his first birthday.

Not really. I'm starting to think about trying some gentle techniques to teach Ben to sleep without nursing (or rather, trying them again; I went through them all when he was younger, but no success then). I've not set a timeline and if it takes until he is four years old LOL then so be it.

Last edited by MilkyJo; August 3rd, 2009 at 02:27 PM.
August 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

How is everything going? Well, could be better. There is a possible case of H1N1 at my job... and Hugo is going through the "terrible twos." But I still feel blessed.

How old are your LO/LO's? Hugo is 15 mos., Sergio has 2 more mos. to bake

Are you co-sleeping? Only on vacation... we have a short one coming up in 2 weeks. I do nap with him though.

Are you BFing? No.

Is your LO doing anything new? Everything... today he went #1 and #2 on the potty and then said "More poo poo" because he wasn't done. He also said "I love you" all by himself today!

Are you ready for fall? Yes, because that means a new baby for us!

Any big plans coming up? The vacation will be to Myrtle Beach for a reunion- just a weekend but we'll see how well I feel by then... hopefully none of us have the H1N1 by then.

Any questions, concerns or comments? I would love to hear stories of APing through the terrible two/tantrum stage. Hugo sure is in it and some days I worry about how we'll make it with him and a newborn!

August 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
How is everything going? Eh, we have good days and bad days...but what else is new,lol.

How old are your LO/LO's? 13 almost 14 months.

Are you co-sleeping Nope.

Are you BFing? Nope

Is your LO doing anything new? Cutting a new tooth, oh boy!

Are you ready for fall? Sooooooo ready!!!!

Any big plans coming up? Were taking a train up to Oregon and washington I september, can't wait!!

Any questions, concerns or comments? Nothing I can think of now..

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...#ixzz0NB6kxL3d (Its time for a check in! Lurkers too please!)
August 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
jacquelinejoy's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok, i'm a lurker
How is everything going? Pretty good.

How old are your LO/LO's? 3 1/2 and 1

Are you co-sleeping? The 3 yr old sleeps in his own bed in his room and the 1 year old has been co-sleeping pretty much since birth. Just today I sidecar'd the crib. So we're going to see if it will work out better since DH doesn't really like the little guy in our bed.

Are you BFing?No

Is your LO doing anything new? The LO just learned how to walk about a month ago.

Are you ready for fall? YES! I am so tired of this hot weather her in socal.

Any big plans coming up? Nope.

Any questions, concerns or comments? Nope

August 4th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
How is everything going?
Still pregnant, though quickly becoming more uncomfortable (when I sit, she's in my ribs, when I stand, it feels like she slides all the way down into my thighs and swings on my sciatic nerve lol)

18, 16(birth mom), 14, 4, 3, and expecting first week of September

Are you co-sleeping
We will be once Madison arrives

Are you BFing?
We will be

Finding and grating every nerve I have (gotta love 3rd trimester mood swings)

Are you ready for fall?
Getting there, hoping to be ready before baby arrives

Any big plans coming up?
Birth lol

Not really lol

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
August 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
How is everything going? Pretty good.. this pregnancy is kicking my butt most days.

How old are your LO/LO's? DS is 5 years old, and Baby#2 is due 01.26.10

Are you co-sleeping? No, DS sleeps in his bed in his own room. Baby will be sleeping in our room, but probably only in our bed about 50% of the time.

Are you BFing? No, but I will be once baby#2 gets here!

Is your LO doing anything new? He's always doing something new.. he's learning how to write now.. he can write about 10 words without any help, and can write anything if you'll spell it for him.

Are you ready for fall? Yes, DS starts Kindergarten in 3 weeks, and we find out what this baby is in a month or so!

Any big plans coming up? Just school starting and the big U/S for this baby!

Any questions, concerns or comments? Not yet! =)

August 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
I am a very recent lurker.... but I thought I would introduce myself. I am Toni and my DH is Steve... we just had our first child together. He has two from a previous marriage and this is my first.

How is everything going? Everything is going much better, especially after reading some of the links on this board. I have had everybody and their mother trying to tell me how to take care of my little girl.

How old are your LO/LO's? 6 weeks old

Are you co-sleeping I never believed in co-sleeping until I had Kerrigan and saw for myself the awesome beauty of it.... and how much better she sleeps. So that is a yes.

Are you BFing? Yes

Is your LO doing anything new? She is now smiling when I motorboat my lips. LOL

Are you ready for fall? No. I will be back to work full time

Any big plans coming up? I am going to A Dave Matthews concert tonight.I made these plans quite a while ago. Now I don't even want to go. I would rather be home with my little girl.

Any questions, concerns or comments? I am dreading going back to work

August 4th, 2009, 12:07 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
How is everything going? Great

How old are your LO/LO's? Phoenix is 5, and Lincoln will be one this month

Are you co-sleeping Not anymore, Lincoln refuses to co sleep anymore, he likes his space

Are you BFing? Sure am

Is your LO doing anything new? Walking more and more

Are you ready for fall? No, I want summer to stay

Any big plans coming up? Lincoln's 1st birthday is on Aug 21st

Any questions, concerns or comments? No, not really.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How is everything going? Good

How old are your LO/LO's? Abby just turned 3 and Anna is 7 months

Are you co-sleeping Yes, not fulltime, but we never really have. She started pulling to standing, so we stopped using the co-sleeper and she starts the night out in her crib. It's strange to have her so far away, but she's had a few nights she's slept until 3-4am, which she never did in our room! The other nights, she's up when we go to bed anyway, and then we bring her into the bed with us.

Are you BFing? Yes

Is your LO doing anything new? Everything! Anna started crawling, pulling to standing, and picked up on eating, all in the past 10 days or so. She cut her first tooth last night too

Are you ready for fall? I love fall, so sure

Any big plans coming up? My sister will be home next week, the first time since Christmas! She eloped in January and they are coming back to have a reception, so it will be the first time seeing her as a married woman too

Any questions, concerns or comments? Not really

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search