Using Condoms starting tomorrow. NEED TIPS!!!! UPDATED

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tomorrow is the day i am supposed to go get my next Depo shot, but im not going to. I want to be hormone free! and i am hoping my period regulates pretty quickly..( i doubt it will..but hoping) So in the mean time we are gonna be using condoms.. Weve tried to use condoms once before..(was on antibiotics) ended up tearing it off partway through and being like if we get pregnant we get pregnant..

so im pretty much stressed out.. have NO CLUE what to buy, how to put it on.. how to make it WORK..

SO if you are a condom user give me your tips.. and fave brands.. and i am not allergic to latex so we dont have to get anything special..

~Em

-----------------------------------------------
Hey girls.. So thanks for all the input.. i ended up buying the trojan polyurthane ultra thin lubricated ones.. And it took us newbies 3 tries to get a stupid condom on! haha.. you all would have laughed your butts off.. Ill just say this, HE is the one that tried to unroll it first and put it on that way.. like i said! neither of us ever used condoms before, but i at least knew better than that! haha

but it was accomplished and not half bad! I could tell, but not nearly like i thought id be able to.. and He said it was bearable.. haha..

we'll use the rest of what we have then maybe try a spermicide to see if we prefer that..

~Em

Last edited by keekopeeko; August 12th, 2009 at 07:58 AM.
August 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Sorry no clue. We use them but I make DP deal with all that. I was on the pill for 7 years so now I figure it's his turn to take care of things

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
Never used them, but I've heard that sheepskin condoms are supposed to be a better and a more natural alternative to latex. However, it's important to note that they don't protect you from STDs.

More info.
August 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you are getting off that Evil shot. They need to take it off the market. Just so you know it can take awhile to get AF back. I think it took 4-5 months for mine to return.
August 5th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Super Mommy
I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. If you usually regular it is really an awesome (though not fool proof method of BC). I can't stand condems...YUCK. But you gotta do what you gotta do..................And we've seen your DH so we all know you GOTTA DO!!!!!!
August 5th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber View Post
I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. If you usually regular it is really an awesome (though not fool proof method of BC). I can't stand condems...YUCK. But you gotta do what you gotta do..................And we've seen your DH so we all know you GOTTA DO!!!!!!
haha kim you crack me up! darn right i gotta do!

Our long term plan is to do the Fertility Awareness method... using a barrier method during my fertile times and nothing the rest.. you know.

But while we are waiting for my period to regulate we are gonna search around for the barrier method that we will use during said times. So we're starting with condoms..

~Em

August 7th, 2009, 08:37 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not used a condom in years so I am no help. But check out the NFP/FAM board! I love that board...we use NFP...but there are lots of ladies who use FAM.

Good luck!

Oh! Wait I thought of something! I think that Trojen makes a 'sampler pack'. You may want to get that and try out different types to get a feel for what you and DH both like.

August 7th, 2009, 12:18 PM
sunshine411's Avatar Let's go MAVS!!!!
Trojan makes really thin ones, those were the ones we used (well except for the one time, hello baby . We didnt like any of the ones that are supposed to be really cool or special or whatever. The super thin ones were the best, you almost couldnt tell. Hope that helps.
August 12th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I updated in first post!

August 13th, 2009, 06:26 AM
sunshine411's Avatar Let's go MAVS!!!!
Yup those were the ones I was talking about! Glad they worked ok. Too funny about him trying to unroll first and then put on.
August 14th, 2009, 12:29 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also used charting to avoid pg for 7 years...and then when we first started to TTC I got pg the first month & getting pg has never been hard for me (stayin gpg is another matter)...soooooo just goes to show that you can be very fertile AND use it effectively. I hate hate hate condoms so we just avoid sex at fertile times & fool around in other ways...rather than deal with condoms. But that is fine with us. You just gotta find what works for you! Glad it was "bearable" for Dh...LOLOLOLOL You need to smack him!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search