night weaning?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2009, 02:56 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
Maica is coming up 21 months and i'm still nightfeeding her... 1-3 or more times a night, will she night wean herself? is there an average time for this?
I'm getting tired of my evening/night being in sections between feeds. if i was to initiate night weaning how would i do it? if i refuse her she just starts sobbing
any advice would be great.
x

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
August 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Billy didnt really night wean until past 2 1/2 although he was down to once a night generally. He did just gradually cut down on his own, as if he woke completely up there was no other way of getting him back to sleep.
Wish I could be more help, I know how exhausting it is.
August 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jonah night weaned starting around that age but it took a couple of months. Mostly I just discouraged & offered his binky & sometimes it worked, most times not & then all of a sudden it seems it did work & it was a matter of maybe a few weeks that he went from dropping one waking to dropping them all. I think at 20 months he was waking at least 3-4x a night still & by two he was not waking me at all anymore. Now we seem to be back to waking at least once, but it seems to be nightmares or something else & he rarely asks to nurse when he does wake.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 9th, 2009, 05:21 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
kellymom.com :: Are you feeling overwhelmed by your child's intense needs?
10 TIPS FOR EASIER NIGHT NURSING
"MOM TIRED OF ALL NIGHT NURSING"
NIGHT WEANING: 12 ALTERNATIVES FOR THE ALL-NIGHT NURSER
WEANING: WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

There are days it feels like they will NEVER wean doesn't it? I was just going through these feelings myself. I try to tell myself that one day I'll miss this even though that's the last thing it feels like sometimes. I have read anytime after two they start weaning themselves but I've also read sometimes three. If you can hang in there, I would encourage you to try. Maybe try reading something like Mothering Your Nursing Toddler? (If your library doesn't have it, your local LLL group likely will and will lend it to you even if you don't have a membership.) Hopefully some of those links might help too. Let us know what's working for you and what's not.

Cheers!
August 10th, 2009, 12:47 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
Thanks for those links Michelle!
I think i'm just being too impatient, as she'll get there in the end, i don't mind feeding her to sleep but i crave time for me in the evenings and get frustrated when she wants me to feed her back to sleep again! She won't go to sleep any otherway, ...though we're working on a back tickle with DH.
I guess before i had her i would've expect her to sleep through at 6 months (LOL) and then to still be night feeding at nearly two is a shock!
thanks everyone

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
August 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I'm just as shocked about it all too hon ~ LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search