Mody-D like carrier - suggestions? Help :)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2009, 06:26 AM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I have a ring sling which I really like, but Parker is really likes to look around and I think he would enjoy a back carry alot more - supposably this can be done in a ring sling, but I cant figure it out.......so off to buy more!
We are going on a camping trip soon so it'd be a great time to have one.

Hands-free Baby Wrap/Sling Carrier-Olive Blue-Newborn to Toddler by loveyduds on Etsy

This carrier has been on my want list for a while - I was debating between it and the ring sling in the begining.....my fear is all the wrap nonsense is going to confuse me to no end----but......what to do.....

Then I read that moby's (which I guess is similar to this) are bad for back carries? anyone have any input? I need to stay in this price range so an ergo doesnt qualify...

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC

Last edited by HurricaneLady; August 10th, 2009 at 07:07 AM.
August 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I used a moby exclusively between months 3 and 7 when out and about. I looked at few vids on how to do the back carry and decided to go with a mei tai. Best thing I ever did! At 7 month old we were already butting heads in the front carry but in the mei tai she sits lower. Also the back carry is a breeze! I recommend that you check the ads on the right side and look for the zing slings one and click. It is a JM member that has that shop and from what I remember she is pretty cheap.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a lurker but.... i have that exact one but in a different color.Its great for newborn to like 4ish months but then i think the baby gets too big and its kind of a pain.My son is 4 and a half months and almost 15 pounds and hes starting to get to heavy for it so after like 30 mins it starts to sag and needs re adjusting.I just got a mei tai a couple weeks ago and i love it.Its so much easier and more conveinient to put on and it can go up to like 40 pounds i think.And i don't know about how mobys are for back carries. Its pretty difficult to put on the front so i can't imagine putting it on the back,i would def. suggest a mei tai wrap though.

I got this one and it's great!
Mei Tai Baby Carrier - Spring Delight by JellieBabies09 on Etsy
August 10th, 2009, 07:37 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I do not know about any other sling other than the Baby K'tan Baby Carrier - Sling, Babywearing, Clothing, and more!

I have it and love it. I have not tried the back carry yet but I know it is an option. Good luck!

August 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
I just made a Moby style wrap!!! All I did was buy 5 meteres of fabric, (A kind that "rolls" when cut, not frays.. Mines stretchy) cut it down the middle to make two, 5 meter pieces.. and voila, 2 moby type wraps!! Then I jsut watched demos on how to wrap it.. Apparently you can back carry with these, but Im not going to attempt it till Mykaila is a bit older since shes only 5 mths now.. Im guna wait till shes like yer lil guys age, 9 mths or so... Heres me, mykaila and our new wrap

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search