Another babywearing ? (Mei Tai users.....) Beco........

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2009, 10:58 AM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I liked the BECO idea for the sake of being more supportive for Parker - he is no small child by any means. But it looks like the Beco Butterfly II is going to be very hard to nurse in bc of the Y shaped chest part??

BUT....alot of people seem to also like a Mei Tai - I need it to have a headrest & padding so I was considering a used Babyhawk.....but then there is the support factor......what if I added this? The Pikkolo support belt The Portable Baby - Pikkolo Soft Structured Buckle Baby Carrier Front Pack Backpack Hip Carrier Front-facing Ergo along with my Mei Tai? I cannot seem to find anyone thats done it? Any ideas?

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
August 11th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cant figure out that belt thing. Anyways I love my babyhawk and find it a breeze to breastfeed in.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 17th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy

If you bought a use mei tai and didn't lik eit, then you could always resell it. You could also buy the belt and try it out, and return it if it doesn't work.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

Last edited by andi2284; August 17th, 2009 at 08:23 PM.
August 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Have you thought about buying a WAHM mei tai from someplace like Etsy? I have one that I love, and it was way cheaper than a BabyHawk. I haven't tried to BF in it yet, but I don't see why it would be a problem.

August 19th, 2009, 08:24 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
I've found it pretty easy to nurse in a MT. The support belt doesn't look all that much different than just a padded waist. Here's a 1/2 buckle MT I just made for Em on this board:

this shows the back of the waist
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search