Joey Update

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Update from Joey's CB:

Quote:
Joey continues to have some mild nausea, however other than that he is handling this chemo well.

I can't say I am doing as well. Today me and his doctor noticed some spots on the back of his head. They looked like the spots we saw in the beginning. They may be new skin lesions. I am floored. We are trying an antibiotic ointment first, and seeing if this makes a difference. If not, I don't know what the plan is. I don't think his doctor knows yet. Frankly I'm scared.

Also today i talked to my dad's girlfriend. They have delayed the surgery until at least tomorrow. His labs came back and some of them indicate he had a heart attack recently. Also his blood sugars are really high (he's diabetic). So now I just don't know what to think. I think a part of me is numb right now, in disbelief.

A nyways, on to the good stuff.

Joey had fun with his playmat and the wagon today, as well as lots of other toys. We spent some time on the playmat, some time in the wagon, and still more time in the play area. He had another Pet Therapy visit. This was a smaller dog, so I thought maybe smaller would be more comfortable. Oh no, he tried to get as far from the dog as he could. But they gave him the dog's "business card" and Joey spent some time looking at it saying "taw tee" which i assume means doggie. So real dogs are scary but pictures are good.

I also had the opportunity to speak with another family today. One of the things this dad told me was that he feels very much alone because his son is older and most of the kids are younger. He's had a family tell him he didn't know what it was like because his son got to enjoy his childhood. I told him it didn't matter how old your child is, when diagnosis comes its like a smack in the face and no parent should ever have to see their child go through what our children have to go through. Some of the families here are wonderful and supportive of everyone, and still others are not. We all handle things our own way, and sometimes we don't realize how our words may hurt someone else.

Well, right now Joey is hanging out with his bottle and fighting sleep. He wants to be left alone, so I am giving him that (I go near him and he screams at me) knowing that soon he will be asleep. And when he wakes up he'll be ready for cuddles and play, as always.

Thank you to everyone for the continued prayers. Another video was made for Joey, feel free to check it out!
Joey's Story 2009 at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, MySpace slideshows, MySpace codes, free video sharing, video montages.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
He will continue to be in my t&p. Poor little guy. hang in there momma!

August 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM
KatiesGirls
Thank you so much for keeping us updated!!!
August 15th, 2009, 06:55 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Thank you for the update, I will continue to pray for little Joey and his family.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
cln1812's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update. I will continue to keep Joey & his family in my prayers.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search