Potty!!!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use EC when we're at home. The last two weeks, we've used almost exclusively diapers. We went on vacation, when we actually used disposables because we had no way of washing our cloth, and then last week was just craziness. He started getting a really bad rash towards the end of using the disposables, and I thought that once we started using cloth again it would go away. Well, today it is open sores, all over his poor little bottom. I feel soooo badly. I've been putting ointment on him etc, and it isn't getting better, so today I decided that it was time to go back to EC. The craziness is over, so I had no reason to put him in a diaper.

I took his trainer potty out to the living room where we play, and about a half hour into playtime, he crawled over to it, climbed onto it, and peed! He even made the "Ssss" sound that I make! I was so proud of him! He hasn't done it on his own yet, I usually carry him to the potty and put him on it when I see that he has to go. I hope that it wasn't an isolated occasion

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
August 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Wow that's great!
I always wanted to EC but never got into it. I tried to potty DD but it just seems to have gone backwards. At first she'd do something but these days she'll just hold it while on the potty and pee the diaper right after.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Super Mommy
HOLY COW!!!! The only ECer I know still has a 2 year old that does not go on her own reliably. Thats amazing. What a little smarty!!!
August 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTG Jonah!!!

How is his little hiney? Open sores from a diaper rash always makes me think of a yeast infection. Hope he is feeling better!

August 19th, 2009, 11:01 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Way to go jonah!!!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
Well done Jonah, that's so clever! If I ever managed to get Ben to pee in a potty, he'd probably flip it upside-down straight afterwards, or try and wear it on his head...

Showing my ignorance... what's EC? It sounds like it is reading cues and anticipating when baby is about to pee?
August 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, he hasn't gone on his own since, so I guess it was a one time thing. Maybe he'll do it again if I keep giving him opportunities and encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kixs*~ View Post
WTG Jonah!!!

How is his little hiney? Open sores from a diaper rash always makes me think of a yeast infection. Hope he is feeling better!
I broke down and got some triple paste to put on it, and it's healing. I'm pretty sure that it isn't a yeast infection. It doesn't really look like one, and the triple paste is clearing it up, but I was thinking that if it is persistent then that might be what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IglooWigwam View Post
Well done Jonah, that's so clever! If I ever managed to get Ben to pee in a potty, he'd probably flip it upside-down straight afterwards, or try and wear it on his head...

Showing my ignorance... what's EC? It sounds like it is reading cues and anticipating when baby is about to pee?
EC= elimination communication, and you said it! That's exactly what it is. At first it is mostly about the caregiver's anticipation of when baby is going to pee, but after a while it becomes a mutual communication between the caregiver and child.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
August 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WTG Jonah! Lily will pee/poop on the potty when I put her on it, but she hasn't gotten on it all by herself yet.

August 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
wow thats fab!!!
poor Jonah's bum though we just got back from portugal using wipes and disposibles (we use cloth and washable wipes at home) and maica might have a pee infection, it seems to have cleared on its own but i'm not 100%... i keep wondering if its the disposibles in the hot weather that did it, or the wipes.

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search