Doesn't like to be worn?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Owen does not seem to like being worn. I have a Babyhawk Mai Tei and one of those no sew wraps and he screams the second he is in. Obviously I need to get stuff done and Leila needs me. I just don't know what to do. Anyone else have this experience? What did you do?

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I have like 4 or 5 different slings/wraps. Zoe likes the slings, but I find them hard to do anything with while she is in it. I have a Moby wrap, which is new to me and she only likes it facing outwards, not towards me. We are still working on it. DH hates the Moby wrap and thinks it is dangerous or something.

August 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Bella does not like to face in towards me. I have the ktan so I just play with it til I find a position she likes. I hope you can find something that works for you!

August 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I didnt have much luck wearing DD until she was 2 months and then it was only if I had just fed her (she was a boob junky and just wanted boob when she faced me).

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 26th, 2009, 09:24 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
^^^That seems to be the problem we are having now that you mention it! He just nuzzles and nuzzles! Ok so I need to be able to face him out asap!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
One of mine didn't like to be worn either. I ended up not doing it with her because she seemed to always react negatively to it.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
August 27th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Super Mommy
DD didn't like the sling after @1 month too, and I felt like such a failure. She really loved the bjorn with DH after @2 months. I used the sling with her in an upright position, I think she just really loved to be upright,( between the boobs). I have I think 4 different carriers right now in preparation for this new little one.
You WILL find his favorite positions, he's still such a wee guy.
August 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM
mommabirdof4
Lil Jimmy didn't like to be worn at all when I first started with him...I just started putting him in it for him to get used to it and he liked it after awhile. I have only ever used a mai tai.

I started with JoJo when she was a couple of days old in the mai tai. She sometimes gets upset but once we start moving she normally falls dead asleep. I couldn't go anywhere by myself with the kids if I didn't wear her so I started early.

I won't face my kids away from me...I don't think it is very good for them since they can't look to me for cues on things. Also they can't nuzzle me which is one thing I think they benfit the most from being worn.
August 28th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Super Mommy
Oh I forgot to mention that we had DD adjusted a couple of times by an Osteopathic Pediatrician that also specialized in Cranial Sacral work in her first weeks/months of life..it made a HUGE difference in her nursing and carrying comfort.

We live in the SERIOUS boondocks too, and still found this Doctor by doing a goggle search for osteopathic pediatrician.
August 29th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy

August 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
cln1812's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tessa never liked being worn either beyond the first month or two. Part of the problem probably was she was too hot (it's always warm & humid here, except when she was born, which was the beginning of winter). Every time I tried a sling or carrier, it was no go. I must have tried half a dozen before giving up. At least she was a small baby and still is on the petite side for her age. I had to give up the notion of getting much done. She always did (and still does) like to be held, but it's getting harder and harder with her getting longer & heavier. Now that she's older and playing, playing, playing, I have noticed that the heat really gets to her. Not much will stop her playing and carrying on except being too hot (I grew up in this same area of Texas and I know as a kid we played outside in the dead of summer without slowing down but maybe she takes after DH). She even doesn't sleep well if her legs are covered by pajama pants instead of shorts and DH and I finally realized it was because she was too hot at night.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by cln1812; August 29th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search