what do you do when you are just having one of those days?...sigh!

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
cln1812's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD is 20 months old and never has been the easiest LO which is why we settled into AP with her; it's the only thing that halfway seems to work.

But today, I am just having one of those days. First, I ended up with a clogged milk duct & milk blister which I finally got resolved this morning (but my breast is still sore-ish) and there's some redness I'm keeping an eye on in case it turns into mastitis (the redness could just be caused by DD grasping at the boob, her first 2 yr. molar cut through today and nursing a lot now because of it). It hurts like the dickens to BF on that boob.

Then, I was taking my shower after the gym this morning, like usual (DD usually just plays in her room across from the bathroom and next to me in the tub when I shower and does OK, I leave the bathroom door open). I thought things were going well today until I got out of the shower and saw DD was covered from head to toe in Vaseline! Apparently she climbed on top of her bed and leaned over and reached the very far edge of her changing table (which we just use to store Vaseline, diapers, blankets, butt paste) and grabbed the Vaseline and opened it and covered herself and her clothes in goop and Vaseline was all over the table, DD, and the floor. I had to give DD an emergency bath, but I still don't think I came close to getting all the Vaseline off (that stuff is hard to wash off). The baby soap didn't seem to work well on it, so I used my shower gel for her below the head.

I got the Vaseline taken care of (now I wish I had taken pictures but my only thought at the time was just cleaning it up) and started working on lunch. I was setting the table and DD grabbed the hummus (which she loves), opened it and dug her hand in and smeared it all around (and into her mouth). At least not as big a mess as the Vaseline to clean up. DD dropped her sippy while eating, I bent to pick it up and nicked a scab on my ankle. I didn't notice until I happened to look down later and see blood just running down my ankle & foot onto the floor and pooling into the carpet. I swear I cannot win for losing today!

Tessa has been cranky as all get out (fighting her nap, as usual), refused to eat lunch because I stopped letting her dip her pita in hummus herself after she started getting too wild with it and making a mess and we keep having meltdown after meltdown. I would take her on a walk but it looks like rain. I know some of her crankiness is fatigue and the other due to teething but that doesn't make it easier! I can't nurse her to sleep, she's too wiggly now and fights it and flips and flails arms & legs to stay awake (luckily when it's dark at night and she can't see, she will still BF to sleep).

I am counting the minutes until DH gets home from work! I am beyond exhausted and feeling I am not a very good mom today because of this

My Ovulation Chart
August 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Super Mommy
If I had a DH that came home at night I would take off for the bookstore/cafe as soon as he arrived.

I hope you do get away and tomorrow is easier!
August 26th, 2009, 05:01 PM
~Jackie
LOL! I have had quite a few of those days lately. I am excited when Josh gets home and can entertain Kailey outside so I can have a bit of a break.
August 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
What a day! Yikes! I hope tomorrow is better!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 27th, 2009, 03:13 AM
...and I thought I had had a hard time today....

I nurse my wiggly monkey to sleep by putting her in the cradle position and basically pinning her. The arm that her head rests on also works to hold her by the shoulder if she is trying to push away. If she is being very wiggly I put the other arm over her and put my elbow on my knee, that creates a fairly sturdy barrier (I'm sounding like a cage here lol) so if she tries to escape she cant do much more than spin in circles. I basically force her to stay in the cradle position and leave the boob exposed for her to drink to her "misery". It sort of works, she doesnt go anywhere but she is otherwise a genius in fighting sleep and can take an hour of holding her like this, rocking her (I slide my feet on the floor to create a slight rocking motion) and singing to get her to nap.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
August 27th, 2009, 03:41 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I am sorry you had such a rough day. Peroxide will get the blood out of the carpet.....

Anyway, you are NOT a bad mom. We all go thru days where the kids wear our nerves thin. Her being cranky and irritable makes you irritable after a while and that is just not the best combo.

Not sure how you feel about TV but on days when we have problems, I stick a movie on for the kids and we just chill out. Another idea would be putting her in a wrap/sling and wearing her for a while.

As for the nursing to sleep, Bella is still swaddled so we dont have your issue but the idea given above sounds like a great one!

August 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
On days like that, I am really really glad I have so many Sesame Street DVD's. My sanity is worth one day of brain rottage.
August 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I hope your milk duct unclogs. Alissa's done that a few times with vasoline and the other day covered the dog with vicks vapor rub. I hope your dh is home soon! Get some rest!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search