Seriously bothered by this...

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
BPA Free Baby Bottle for Twins, Triplets, Octuplets, and Parents of Multiples by Podee® International

I can see it somewhat for multiples but anyone else it just bothers me...

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 26th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Looks interesting. Might have been useful when I had my twins. Sometimes it was tough trying to juggle two feedings at once.

I can't see the real need for it without multiples.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
August 27th, 2009, 03:43 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I can understand it for twins or more but for one....seriously?!? What a shame that mothers feel like they can not take time to contact feed with their baby.

August 27th, 2009, 05:06 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only thing I would have considered such a thing for was car driving while alone IF my child would have calmed for a bottle....as he HATED the car...but alas...again, even giving him a bottle of BM while Dh drove did no good, so I am certain this wouldn't either. The only thing that ever worked was actually nursing him while someone else drove & that wasn't even always enough.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 27th, 2009, 12:35 PM
~Jackie
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
The only thing I would have considered such a thing for was car driving while alone IF my child would have calmed for a bottle....as he HATED the car...but alas...again, even giving him a bottle of BM while Dh drove did no good, so I am certain this wouldn't either. The only thing that ever worked was actually nursing him while someone else drove & that wasn't even always enough.
Ditto
August 27th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I breastfed so I never had never expected to need my hands, but I was wondering if any other parents ever just propped the bottle? When I worked with infants, that's what we did. Got four crying babies? Prop the bottles with a balled up baby blanket. By the time the kid is sitting up, he or she can hold their own bottle. Why would we even need such a product?
August 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I breastfed so I never had never expected to need my hands, but I was wondering if any other parents ever just propped the bottle? When I worked with infants, that's what we did. Got four crying babies? Prop the bottles with a balled up baby blanket. By the time the kid is sitting up, he or she can hold their own bottle. Why would we even need such a product?
They don't recommend bottle propping anymore, especially with small babies. It is illegal here for a daycare to do it. They also aren't allowed to swaddle or to let a baby sleep in any device (swing, bouncy seat, etc) so even if the child falls asleep there, they are to be removed....supposedly it is dangerous. I am not sure why...

But anyway - they also have devices that suspend a bottle from the handle of a carrier.. Adorable Monkey Baby Bottle Holders. Entertains & Holds Bottles Hands Free. Great Gift for Twins. I am not sure they are any better.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 27th, 2009, 07:30 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could only nurse for 6 weeks, then switched to formula feeding due to DD's needs. I don't intend to criticize anyone who uses these devices, but I'm proud that I took the time to hold my baby and every. single. bottle. Of course I was at home and able to do so. DD took 45 minutes or more to drink many of her bottles but I think how lucky I was to be able to spend that much more time holding her and loving her, and even how lucky she was to be held by her mama that much more.

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

August 28th, 2009, 05:19 AM
mommabirdof4
I just think it is a product of our society....it is very sad. And I was a bottl feeding momma with my son. I have to say we held all his bottles...until he stopped taking it at 14 months(just a few weeks ago). Even now when I can I hold him while he yakes his sippy cup.
August 29th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Never seen anything like that before!

August 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am guilty of giving Jonah his bottles in the car, several several several times. I hated it, but I often had to. It was the only thing that would calm him. I would have felt better if I could have used this kind of a bottle, although I don't see much of a difference between this and a propped bottle.

Beck, at the daycare I worked at, we were allowed to swaddle, but would get into major trouble if we got caught doing the other things you mentioned. Propping bottles can cause choking, and actually if you read the warning labels on the swings and bounceys, they say not to let the baby fall asleep because their head could plop forward, blocking the airway. If it weren't on the labels we'd be allowed to do it. Some babies would ONLY sleep in the swing or bouncey though, so we fudged it a bit

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
August 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
~Valerie~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Sarah♥ View Post
I can understand it for twins or more but for one....seriously?!? What a shame that mothers feel like they can not take time to contact feed with their baby.

I agree

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search