Sleep issues

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is cross posted by suggestion:

I have read about babies sleeping 12 hours straight. Please, please tell me how you got them to do this? I am operating on 2 hours of sleep and I need to figure out how to fix this.
Mia goes to bed, sometimes with a fight, at 7-7:30 then she wakes up most mornings around 3am. But some nights, like last night, she woke up at midnight. I tried to get her back to sleep but she would wake up and cry everytime I put her back in the crib. She will not stay up later without being ridiculously fussy and over tired. She takes 2 naps during the day, one is usually pretty long, 2 hoursish. The other is sometimes very short, 30 minutes but sometimes is longer like the first one. I am still breast feeding her so when she wakes up at night she comes to bed with us and has an all night buffet. I cannot sleep very well, if at all, when she is in the bed. I am too concerned about rolling on her, or her crawling off the bed. She does not sleep well either. She is teething but aren't everyone's babies teething and they still sleep... Someone help please?
[IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/misc/progress.gif[/IMG]
August 27th, 2009, 11:02 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
10 TIPS FOR EASIER NIGHT NURSING

NIGHT WEANING: 12 ALTERNATIVES FOR THE ALL-NIGHT NURSER

8 INFANT SLEEP FACTS EVERY PARENT SHOULD KNOW

I just love Dr. Sears so there are some articles that might be helpful to you.

Bella still gets up quite often at night. Coming to terms with the fact that I have a baby that needs extra loving thru the night has made waking up so often a lot more bearable. No one wants to get up that often but something about how she calms down as soon as I pick her up and she gets all nestled in makes me feel warm inside. I know it wont last forever so I am just trying to enjoy that time between her and me for now

I understand that co-sleeping is not something that you are comfortable with, I was hesitant about it for a while but now I sleep much better when she is in bed with me. How old is Mia?

One book that has great reviews, Amazon.com: The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night (9780071381390): Elizabeth Pantley, William Sears: Books I read it and plan to use the techniques when I get back to Italy.

I hope you start getting some sleep!

Last edited by ItalySarah; August 27th, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
August 28th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Mia is 11 months and the first 6.5 months she co-slept without problems. When she became more aware of her surroundings is when co sleeping became difficult because I would wake her up whenever I moved and then she would cry.
August 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Ah, Bella is still swaddled at night so that helps. Have you tried white noise? That helps a lot when Bella is in her crib/

August 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
MilkyJo's Avatar Veteran
When she wakes up in the night, would it be easier for you to nurse her to sleep on a mattress on the floor, then sneak away back into your bed? I breastfeed my DS to sleep that way (I've made sure his nursery is crawl-proof in case he wakes up and decides to wander about) as I find that trying to put him down in a crib or cot just wakes him up.
August 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Not mine. So sleep deprived. She's teething so she's up at midnight fussing and nursing doesn't cut it. My first born wasn't like that as much and I just nursed her at night.

August 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I think I have just resolved that weaning is going to wait. I planned to wean at a year but she just needs the boob. I am going to wean from pumping at work though as that is the part about breastfeeding that has made me want to wean. So the last 2 nights I have just been bringing her to bed when she wakes up and letting her nurse. I think she has her first cold right now because she is sneezing a bunch and has lots of snot So that may be contributing to the night waking. One of the 2 teeth she had coming in had broken the gum so one more to go and hopefully she will settle back down at night and stay asleep in her crib like before.
August 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
have you tried teething tablets to help with her pain?

August 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS liz...I was just trying to see what you'd tried and seeing if they worked....Sorry about the cold...that's a bummer!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 31st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Liz, lots of mamas have good success getting off the pump during the day and continuing to nurse their toddlers when they are home! It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. By 1 year, your body knows what to do. Get off that nasty pump (I hate it too) as soon as you can but keep nursing her at home, your body will likely adjust!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search