I'm SO close!! (x-posted)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Toby's birthday is a week away, and I'm still nursing him! I can't believe it, but I'm going to make it to a year of nursing!! I was afraid, through all the pumping at work problems I had, that I wasn't going to make it...but here I am!

Now, I have a question. In September Toby will start at my daycare center. We don't accept infants, so we've had to wait for him to be a year old. They've never explicitly told me that I can't nurse him during the day as a toddler, but I know from working there for so long that it would be hugely awkward in the room. My plan is to nurse him there at 6:30 when I open, since I'm usually the only one there. Then when we get home he can nurse all he likes. But I'm scared about my supply! Has anyone else gone to part-time nursing after a year, and been able to keep it up? He still nurses to sleep, nurses at 4 am, and nurses for comfort a lot...and I don't want to take that away from him.

August 29th, 2009, 09:44 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Way to go! Congratulations. You've done amazing.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 30th, 2009, 06:30 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Congratulations!!!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

August 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!! I can't answer your questions; I hope that someone can! I Think its a very good question that others may have as well

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
August 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Why cant you nurse him? I am confused. Is it possible to take your breaks around the time when he would want to nurse and go outside?

I do not understand how they can dictate whether or not you nurse him based on his age. That does not sound right to me.

Congrats on the milestone! It is amazing!!

August 31st, 2009, 06:15 AM
~Jackie
Congratz! I have the same question as you.
August 31st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on making it to one year!
August 31st, 2009, 09:59 AM
~Valerie~
Congrats!
August 31st, 2009, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
"They" can't technically tell me not to nurse him, since I am in charge of both toddler classrooms, including the one he will be in. So the person I'd have to "ask" about it is me. But I've been working there long enough to know that it would be difficult to manage at best. Added to that, I am very anxious to have Toby adjust to being in the classroom adjacent to mine, yet not WITH me all day, kwim? Out of the nine hours we're at the center, he'll only spent about 5 of them in a place where he can't get to me, but it's really important to me that he understand the routine of the classroom, and be able to bond with the teachers in his room. I am blessed enough that I will be able to have him with me from now until he starts Kindergarten, but I want this to be a place he feels that he can go to any teacher for love and support, not just mommy. We're a close knit group at our school, btw, and I trust them all. But I feel like coming in a few times to nurse him will confuse him, since he'll have to keep watching me leave.

So that was a long-winding way of saying that I've accepted the idea of not nursing him full time anymore, I just want to make sure that I'll be able to nurse when we're at home. I want the point of totally weaning to be HIS choice, if at all possible!

August 31st, 2009, 10:39 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Ok, I understand now. Good luck with it. I hope the transition goes well for you!

September 1st, 2009, 02:50 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Lots of women on the breastfeeding past one year board have been able to continue bfing while working, even if part time. Your boobs will adjust!

WTG for nursing to this length! I hope you keep us updated.

Cheers!
September 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats on the milestone, AND being able to bring Toby to work with you!!!
September 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I started working at a daycare in the toddler class when Leila was just under a year. They did transitions to the toddler class around 13-15 months old so Leila eventually was going to transition into my room. Anyway when I first started I was already about 6-7 weeks pregnant but still was nursing Leila all day on demand and had no affect to my supply from the pregnancy. My supply did take a bit of a drop after starting there but who knows how much of it was related to being pregnant. I was able to continue nursing throughout the pregnancy and while working. It is all just an adjustment period.

Toby will most likely compensate by nursing more frequently throughout the rest of the day and night so I would expect that. You can nurse as frequently as both of you want to in spite of working! Congrats on making it this far and hope his adjustment goes well!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search