Is it so weird to bring my baby with me?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On Monday, my sister, Emma and I went to the MN State Fair. In the days before I went, anytime I mentioned that we were going to go to the fair, so many people said things like "With the baby? You're crazy. It's going to be so hard to be there all day with her." WTH? It wasn't any more difficult than being at home with her all day. In fact I would say it was even a little bit eaiser because there was so much for her to see and it kept her entertained. Do people not bring their kids places anymore? When I was growing up, we went everywhere with my parents. Is it our family that's weird for taking their kids everywhere? I think it's so important to take your kids places and give them new experiences.

FWIW, Emma loved the fair! She loved looking at everything and thought the baby cow was the funniest thing she'd ever seen. And when I was nursing her there were two teenage boys that found it so interesting that they walked by me twice to take a look

September 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
did these people have children of their own? lol we take ours everywhere

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we take ours everywhere too lol, we dont have anywhere to leave them anyway hahahahahahahaha

September 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
We also take our's everywhere. =)
September 2nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We take ours everywhere, but I see a lot of my family or friends that are parents that rarely go anywhere with thier children. When we went to my friends wedding this summer, I was expecting that the handful of friends of mine that have children, would bring them along. Not a single one did, all of left them with a babysitter for the weekend.

September 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Linz L-I's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Carolina girl relocated to the Philly 'burbs (for now)
Well, my daughter is 2 months old so of course she goes everywhere with me, but I still think we aren't in the majority. I used to be a nanny for a family that would have me come keep their 4 month old so they could go shopping. She was an easy baby, they just always wanted time away from her. Now that I'm a mom I can't imagine...

Glad your dd liked the fair! I plan on taking Colette to the state fair next month.

September 3rd, 2009, 06:11 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i dont know... we take our kiddos everywhere with us as well..

but i see a lot of kids out wherever we go too..

Ive never really been questioned as to if ill take the kids with...

but we live in a really rural area.. maybe its just more normal around here..??

~Em

September 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
mommabirdof4
We take the kids every where with us...I figure if it something that I can't take the kids to then it is proable an activity we don't need to be doing. but then I have left my son once in 15 months. And do not plan on leaving JoJo at all if I can help it.
September 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I find it weird from one point of view. I mean this is the newest and most precious member of the family of course where you go she goes. But i put a stop into going to large family meetings lately because of the sicknesses all around. She is too young and i don't want to expose her especially in this time. And also i go shopping sometimes without her (although most of the times with her), because i need a small break. That's about it though.

" \m/ Now I’m riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way I’ll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

September 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I take Lily with me pretty much everywhere except doctor/dentist appts. Then I leave her with my mom usually. I have one aunt who has no kids who is always telling me that we should have lunch and I should leave the baby. And then I'm like, well who am I supposed to leave the baby with? This same aunt has been pestering me to leave Lily with her overnight since Lily was 4 months old. She told me that it's not a good thing to not have been away overnight from her yet.

September 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take Addi with me everywhere too. A lot of people around here to, but like was already said maybe its because Im in a rural area? The only time I leave her is when Im at work or school. Im about to move to night shift though so my mom and her dad will be watching her a lot more.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We took Matthew to the NY state fair three times last week and my week old niece went with us twice. My sister just wore her in either the hotsling or Moby. I don't think it's weird at all. It's a fair! LOL

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 9th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I take Lily with me pretty much everywhere except doctor/dentist appts. Then I leave her with my mom usually. I have one aunt who has no kids who is always telling me that we should have lunch and I should leave the baby. And then I'm like, well who am I supposed to leave the baby with? This same aunt has been pestering me to leave Lily with her overnight since Lily was 4 months old. She told me that it's not a good thing to not have been away overnight from her yet.
You know how people who dont have kids know everything there is to know about raising them

DD comes with me everywhere. I first left her when she was 3 months and i felt so bad with leaving her so young. I had to though because I was going to be cleaning after the renovation in our place and she had no place with that dust. I havent kept a count but I'd wager that we have left her behind less than 10 times. It's been when we had to do that cleaning and then we have gone to the movies few times.

We too have taken her to a fair. We just took turns wearing her, it was no big deal. I would have gone bonkers with a stroller but that's me, I hate the **** things.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
September 9th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had people react like this when I take Jonah somewhere. I thought it was because they thought I was weird for keeping Jonah with me all the time, but I've learned that they were wanting to have time with Jonah. When MIL says "Do you really want to take the baby???" What she is trying to get at is "I'd like to spend some one on one time with my grandson"

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
September 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I take both my children everywhere. I don't want to go anywhere they can't go. I especially have to take my son everywhere as he is still nursing on demand.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
September 10th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
My oldest is 21 months and I haven't left her yet.

We just went to the fair on Sunday and both girls had a blast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search