Really, Enfamil.... I mean really????

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~ Peaceful Parenting ~: SIDS & Enfamil "RestFull" Formula ~ Yes, the connection exists

Enfamil can't be serious with this stuff!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
September 13th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
***!? Babies wouldn't wake up at night if they didn't need to I hate to see people trying to get their newborns to sleep through the night. Babies wake up at night to eat...that's what they do. I agree with the blogger- If lack of sleep does not appeal to you, then don't have a baby.

September 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I think the formula company has just gone too far with this. We all can sympathize with a mother who is at the end of her rope, desperate for sleep, ready to try anything. I don't think it's right that they are marketing something to these end-of-the-rope mothers that could harm their baby. I certainly hope that consumers educate themselves before falling into this marketing trap!

Click the blinkies!

September 14th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's truly terrible because above all else baby needs hydration during the night, but that article should be a little more careful connecting SIDS and formula mostly because some of us managed to breast-fed too little and although i support breast 100% it is not appropriate to create such remorse living environment for formula moms and making them feel that they do less for their child than other moms. It is not appropriate nor fair. I partly breast-fed and formula fed, my milk became watery in the 4th month that was it. I now formula feed. Sister in law was exclusively formula fed, i was also, i don't see me lacking in anything right now except short temper. I think you all know what i mean. Also co-slept i did till she was 4 again and then she decided herself that she wants her own space. I then decided to sleep on the bottom of her bed on a mattress to keep an eye on her. Lasted till she was 9 but whenever i turned i woke her up, so now she sleeps on her own room. Reading this article may have been informative, but it made ME feel bad...... And it shouldn't have done so........It started by condemning this particular formula and all night sleeping, I AM WITH YOU 100% and ended up condemning all formula feedings, not co-sleeping, not wearing and what have you. Some babies require other treatment and a mom's job is NOT to force all the above, but be flexible with her baby's needs, but also flexible with her own self and do the best she can for both her baby and herself.

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

Last edited by Ellemphriem; September 14th, 2009 at 01:23 AM.
September 14th, 2009, 06:40 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I am sure it will go over well with new moms. So many women in my PR/DDC were putting rice in the baby's bottle at one month old to get them to sleep thru the night.

September 14th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
OMGosh, what the heck is wrong with these people??? My 15 month old has been up since 5:30am and it's now 7:30a......And my 4 year old was the worst sleeper in the world.........actually both of my kids were terrible sleepers under the age of 2 years old. But that's part of having a baby. And if more people wore their babies during the day.....they would sleep better at night......I don't get it......I can barely keep my eyes open as I type this.....but I would never in a million years give that formula to my child.
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!
September 14th, 2009, 08:52 AM
~Valerie~
This is wrong in so many ways. There is a reason why babies wake up at night
September 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ellemphriem, this blog post was a response to people who had contacted her telling her that there was absolutely no link between formula and SIDS, so this could not possibly do the things she was saying that it did, hence the reason she was referring to the link between formula and SIDS in general. I think she was also referring to mothers who give their infants formula just so that they will sleep longer at night, not because the mother needs to in order to meet the nutritional needs of her children, and was offering advice of things to try before giving formula at night.

I formula fed out of necessity as well, but I did not see this as negative to me. I'm sorry that it made you feel badly, that wasn't my intent, I just wanted to comment on the restfull formula

Click the blinkies!

September 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effervescence View Post
Ellemphriem, this blog post was a response to people who had contacted her telling her that there was absolutely no link between formula and SIDS, so this could not possibly do the things she was saying that it did, hence the reason she was referring to the link between formula and SIDS in general. I think she was also referring to mothers who give their infants formula just so that they will sleep longer at night, not because the mother needs to in order to meet the nutritional needs of her children, and was offering advice of things to try before giving formula at night.

I formula fed out of necessity as well, but I did not see this as negative to me. I'm sorry that it made you feel badly, that wasn't my intent, I just wanted to comment on the restfull formula
No no don't misunderstand it's nothing to do with you honest. I 100% agree with the NOT SLEEP all night thing, it's just that she globalized it in the end and SHE made me feel bad not you About the sleep all night since day 1 though i have 1 comment to make. ONLY the western world has the misconception that the baby must sleep well from day 1......the rest of the world adjusts to the baby's needs, they don't force the baby to adjust to THEIR needs.......that's egotistical and it is ironic considering that bearing a child MUST be the most self deficient act of every mother out there........it's sad......

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

September 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM
~Jackie
Unfortunate
September 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just lurking but I have to comment....

SO SAD, I'm not a mother (yet) but when I do I'll know that the no sleep thing comes with the baby. If you want to get a full night's sleep, don't have a child.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."

Last edited by future_adoption_mommy; September 14th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
September 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
i am sure it will go over well with new moms. So many women in my pr/ddc were putting rice in the baby's bottle at one month old to get them to sleep thru the night.
grose!!!!! :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search