Patience & Pregnancy????

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man have I been beating myself up lately....bleh! I just feel like being pg has really made the quality of my parenting with Jonah suffer. I donít have the energy to keep up, we donít go outside that much & the morning sickness is more like all day & worse in the evenings (when I am getting home from work & increasing with intensity as the night progresses) - so he gets the WORST of what I have to offer. UGH.... And I can't stand him crawling on me, setting on me, etc...as my tummy is so sick & a few time she has jostled me right into throwing up & then of course he is "I'm sorry momma,. sorry momma, sorry momma" and it makes me so sad to see him cry because I am sick. (in fact it is tearing me up now to type it) and I try to tell him I am okay - which is hard to do when you can hardly catch breath & it looks to him that my watering eyes are crying. Dh tries to help out there, but it comes on so fast sometimes, there is no avoiding it & plus Ds wants me soooo much these days. And then IO am grumpy of course, I am not sleeping well (due to nausea mainly) I am taxed emotionally, mentally, physically by the nausea...and then we are still nursing, which I truly donít mind, other than it is hard to have him on my lap at times...so then I feel guilty for putting him off for that as well.

I guess I just need to know that it is okay that I can't be how I usually am & this will pass & he won't be any worse off for having to put up with me in this state. I just feel like such a putz of a mom & I know he is sad about it....he is always saying "come on momma" & trying to get me to do this or that & frankly I just can't make myself. I hope when this baby comes he likes him/her or else he will REALLY feel like he got jipped...LOL

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Last edited by beck12; September 18th, 2009 at 11:52 AM.
September 18th, 2009, 01:33 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) BTDT and yes it is hard now but you are giving DS such a gift in a sibling. Being pg with a toddler in tow is pretty tough.

My m/s was terrible even when I was on meds. DD use to get scared when I would throw up so I just started telling her that it was okay and mommy was throwing up b/c the baby was so wiggly. And while it was not fun to throw up it made mommy happy b/c I knew that the baby was growing big and strong. I also told her that the same thing happened when she was in my tummy. That seemed to help a lot.

As for activities...try playing chaulk outside or playdough at the kitchen table, decorating sugar cookies, painting. Think side by side activities that will engage your DS that you can do whle sitting down and still.

You now have 2 little lives to care for and while you may feel guilt for not being able to run around with a 2yo remember that your body needs its rest to grow that presious little peanut in your belly.

September 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there Beckie. It's tough being pg with a toddler. Mak just turned 1 when I found out I was pg and I remember feeling so tired and spent. I was also working and had 24/7 m/s until I was 25wks.

I agree with finding side by side activities. We did a lot of colouring, read books, sang songs, crafts, or played on the couch so I didn't have to sit on the floor. It broke my heart when she would cry because I couldn't physically do something she wanted me to like I used to. It does get better once the baby arrives but I'm not going to lie to you...it's a HUGE adjust for everybody in the home. It took almost 2 months before Mak was back to her normal self. She had an adjust to sharing mommy and daddy. She wasn't jealous of the baby but upset with DH & I.

We threw in extra cuddles and I figured out how to BF and cuddle both girls at the same time so she wasn't missing out on my time. It's a balancing act but you'll figure it out and do great. Give yourself permission to take it easy right now. Think outside of the box and try to rest.
September 25th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how you guys do it i mean this takes serious balls.... anyway that's why i think we are done having children. I am too old (34) to EVEN consider being pregnant and taking care of my daughter at the same time and then having a newborn and my daughter at the same time + the house and everything on it alone, totally but TOTALLY alone.... I can't..... On a happier note i think you are doing wonderfully

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search