Bittersweet... (xposted)

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
*Jack'sMommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't posted here much lately, but I wanted to share our newest milestone!

Well, now that Jack is a big one year old, I think he is done co-sleeping. It is definitely bittersweet, but I am really proud of him and of us for letting him make this transition naturally and on his own terms. I can't believe how much of a child-led parent I am, I never realized how much I would be until I had him. For a while now he has been sleeping in his crib from 8pm until about 2am, and then coming in bed and nursing and sleeping with us the rest of the night. The past couple of months he has been tossing and turning and trying to sleep sideways and just all around becoming much more difficult to sleep next to. He has also cut out several of his nighttime nursings and is down to one or two. He now puts himself to sleep in his crib without a peep - he won't nurse to sleep anymore. I have to nurse him and then put him down with his glowworm and he just falls asleep on his own within minutes. The past week or so, he has been waking up around midnight to nurse, and he won't go back to sleep unless I put him in his crib. So I have been staying up to nurse him and then laying him back in his crib and he goes right to sleep, and sleeps until around 8:15am without a peep! It is really nice having our bed back, but I do miss that cuddle time. I go get him when he wakes up and bring him in bed and we have morning snuggles/nursing now. I am really proud of my big boy for making this transition on his own time! And I am so glad that we got to co-sleep for so long, it was such a blessing.

September 25th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never felt it this way to tell you the truth. I feel fear that she sleeps alone but i cannot and will not bother the fact that she sleeps as easily as you describe, she denies to wake up and she also wants to be put again in crib if taken out. It is her choice and she shows it only too well. I never enjoyed it for so long though, so the only feeling i still have is the fear that she sleeps alone......

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search