Just an update

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2009, 06:11 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Hi Ladies, sorry I haven't been around much, life has just been super busy as usual. I am 20 weeks today Yay!!! I can't believe I am halfway there already, someone please slow the clock down a bit! I started receiving my 17p (progesterone) injections last week and those aren't so bad. Baby doing great. Trying to get lots of sewing done since I'm sponsoring the Great Cloth Diaper hunt this November.

Also been trying to work on a lot of things with my 8 year old son. Several years ago he was mis diagnosed as ADHD. Well these past few months things have just been getting worse and I know there is SOMEthing wrong but not sure what it is so we are on a journey to find out. We met with a therapist last week and will see her again Tuesday and we are looking at O.D.D. which I am 99% sure he has. I am also going to get a recommendation to an occupational therapist because he has some sensory issues so I want to see how much that is playing into things. And I will also be requesting a RAST test to check for food allergies (specifically those with gluten) to see if a gluten free diet might help us. So we have a long road ahead of us but I am feeling very optimistic that we will get to the bottom of this and finally be able to help him

So that's pretty much what I've been up to.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

October 5th, 2009, 12:44 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear that things are not going as well with your son. I hope that seeing the therapist will help. Please keep us updated. Enjoy all your sewing.

October 5th, 2009, 05:07 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
happy 20 weeks! keep us posted on your son... i hope they find its something that can be controlled by diet!
xx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
October 6th, 2009, 05:46 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Thanks Ladies. Right now he is going through alot of observation, a therapist will be visiting his school, home, as well as starting behavior modification therapy today and occasional group therapy with kids his age. We have a preliminary dx of ODD from them, but I am still checking into the allergies and sensory issues. I don't want to just accept the first dx given, I want to make sure all bases are covered. (even though I am 99% sure ODD is at least one of the issues).

I'm just happy that I Finally found someone that is taking the time to really observe him at every angle of his daily life instead of just looking at answers on a check list and blurting out a diagnosis that way. Finally, someone out there cares
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search